Is the SAP market picking up?.

Discussion about non-SAP related issues: Inquiries, Personal & Commercial advertisements, etc. ( For registered users only)

Moderators: rtella, Snowy, thx4allthefish, The Prince Of Darkness

Dr Sidewalk

Re: Is the SAP market picking up?.

Post by Dr Sidewalk » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:04 am

Well, I've been a permie since January this year and I'm only just now venturing back to contracting. To be honest I found it easier than I thought, but that might have been because my skills are reasonably upto date, which is a first.

Having said that, I was looking for both a permanent role and contract with a preference for permanent with a consultancy. However, the contract agents moved a hell of a lot faster. Having said that although I've accepted a short-term contract I'm still interviewing for the better permie roles as it will probably be about February before they actually want someone. Anyway, despite this drivle, I guess what I'm saying is that the permenant market also seems reasonably good at the moment as well.

Dr Sidewalk
"In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity" - Albert Einstein
"Money isn't everything in life, unless you don't have it"
"Fail to plan, plan to fail"
"Success is a journey, not a destination."

bijeta

Post by bijeta » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:55 am

indeed, last few months has been amazing but pity that the resources in Indian subcontinent is very limited, I mean the good ones :D

it is tough to find a good resource half of the time they are faking :cry:

Snowy

Post by Snowy » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:05 am

In Montreal, the market is REALLY picking up. I am looking for a job and found at least 7 different opportunities within 1 hour. I had problems finding 1 or 2 opportunities 1 year ago.

Squarebear

Post by Squarebear » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:55 am

That's what comes of no longer using PoD as your referee.
Possibly the most modest person in the world.

Dr Sidewalk

Post by Dr Sidewalk » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:25 pm

Well, I've just ventured back into the contract market and found it very easy. I was expecting to be on garden leave for some time after handing in my resignation letter. The contract market seems reasonably busy in the UK, on the CRM side anyway. I moved across to CRM five years back, for my sins.

Mind you, I have to stop all the agents in their tracks as soon as they phone, asking if their role is in any way related to being posted at Centrica. It seems every consultancy under the sun is trying to put people in there, and every agent under the sun is trying to fill those places.

Other than the rates being on par with last year that just about all of my observations.

Dr Sidewalk
"In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity" - Albert Einstein
"Money isn't everything in life, unless you don't have it"
"Fail to plan, plan to fail"
"Success is a journey, not a destination."

bgamble

Post by bgamble » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:20 pm

DD1 wrote:Good rates... wrong continent! are things this bad in the UK?

http://www.jobserve.ca/SAP-ABAP-Consult ... 74432D7721
I don't think you can base an understanding of your market value on a job posting. Having said that I have worked in the US and UK and EU markets and I can tell you for sure that rates and expense coverage is always better in the US.
In my opinion, Pepper Spray is underutilized as an effective tool for scope control