Thank you, America!

Discussion about non-SAP related issues: Inquiries, Personal & Commercial advertisements, etc. ( For registered users only)

Moderators: rtella, Snowy, thx4allthefish, The Prince Of Darkness

thx4allthefish

Re: Thank you, America!

Post by thx4allthefish » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:49 am

you might want to teach him manners ... and while you are at it ... cooking?

not kumar, of course.
curiousorange wrote: I give up. Humanity isn't worth saving. Why is there never a Vogon Constructor Fleet around when you really need one?

Rich

Post by Rich » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:56 am

Gladiator wrote:
Rich wrote:If you do end up in Hyderabad, let me know as I visit there quite often.
Rich,

Yes, I ended up in Hyderabad. Please let me know when you come next time and we will meet up.
Ok, that's no problem.
Regards

Rich

Abap KC:http://www.richard-harper.me.uk/Kb
SFMDR:http://www.se37.com

mike_ac

Post by mike_ac » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:44 am

Gladiator wrote: But, the job I got in India was a job outsourced from USA. So, it's a huge loss to USA. While I was there, I paid taxes and spent almost all my money there.
Not to take sides, but this is a huge misconception. The lower middle class doesn't support the consumption side of the economy so much as the upper class. By outsourcing the role to India, the upper executives save money to give to themselves. Since the very wealthy account for over 90% of luxury consumption, giving themselves more loot actually helps the economy more.

This is why Reagan pushed the "trickle down" theory, though there were serious ethical issues in the implementation. People didn't like it, but it did serve its purpose.
"If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk?" –Albert Einstein, when confronted by a neat freak about the disarray in his work space

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:17 pm

mike_ac wrote:
Gladiator wrote: But, the job I got in India was a job outsourced from USA. So, it's a huge loss to USA. While I was there, I paid taxes and spent almost all my money there.
Not to take sides, but this is a huge misconception. The lower middle class doesn't support the consumption side of the economy so much as the upper class. By outsourcing the role to India, the upper executives save money to give to themselves. Since the very wealthy account for over 90% of luxury consumption, giving themselves more loot actually helps the economy more.

This is why Reagan pushed the "trickle down" theory, though there were serious ethical issues in the implementation. People didn't like it, but it did serve its purpose.
Mike,

I'm not sure about what you wrote, but I felt a little bad when I came to know that the work I was going to do used to be done in USA. Having lived there, I have great respect for that country and I wish it a great success. I call it my second home.
Gladiator.

mike_ac

Post by mike_ac » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:21 am

Don't get me wrong -- I don't like the outsourcing concept, either. I think it's a big mistake, because the executives are looking at only immediate costs, and not long-term ones. In the long run, outsourcing costs WAY more, because there's more to be fixed later. It doesn't matter how good you are at what you do -- if you are 10,000 miles away from the business discussions, you can't possibly meet the requirement. And, unfortunately, most offshore development doesn't have nearly the same quality as onshore development.
"If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk?" –Albert Einstein, when confronted by a neat freak about the disarray in his work space

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:09 pm

mike_ac wrote:Don't get me wrong -- I don't like the outsourcing concept, either. I think it's a big mistake, because the executives are looking at only immediate costs, and not long-term ones. In the long run, outsourcing costs WAY more, because there's more to be fixed later. It doesn't matter how good you are at what you do -- if you are 10,000 miles away from the business discussions, you can't possibly meet the requirement. And, unfortunately, most offshore development doesn't have nearly the same quality as onshore development.
Mike,

I agree with you 100%. The concept of 'Outsourcing' itself is a great idea but this can not be applied to each and every field. Works like 'data entry' ( medical transcriptions etc., ) are fine but companies can not outsource SAP Financials implementation from Sacramento to Hyderabad.

Blame it on top executives, really.

I have been here only for 4 days and I can clearly see what's bee happening all along.
Gladiator.