Recruiting Madness

Discussion about non-SAP related issues: Inquiries, Personal & Commercial advertisements, etc. ( For registered users only)

Moderators: rtella, Snowy, thx4allthefish, The Prince Of Darkness

thx4allthefish

Re: Recruiting Madness

Post by thx4allthefish » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:33 am

well, i would mourn.

unfortunately that's not going to help you any. how about our fellow sapfans, Baz or Rich ... didn't they come up with some gigs for you?
curiousorange wrote: I give up. Humanity isn't worth saving. Why is there never a Vogon Constructor Fleet around when you really need one?

Rich

Post by Rich » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:54 am

No reply from the one I sent you the other day Rosie ?
Regards

Rich

Abap KC:http://www.richard-harper.me.uk/Kb
SFMDR:http://www.se37.com

RosieBrent

Post by RosieBrent » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:56 am

Should have heard something today - nada, Baz's guys reckoned they didn't have anything for my skillset atm. So I'm beginning to wonder if it's just me :?

Anyway the chemists job comes with a nice uniform :lol:
Kind Regards

Rosie Brent

Please remember to search the forum and check the FAQ before posting questions, thank you.

Tuly Idiot most of the time, part-time Guru Image

The Prince Of Darkness
Location: Either on a train or in a pub (if neither, arguing with an Eastern Block work colleague)

Post by The Prince Of Darkness » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:02 am

I hope you get the job Rosie and please stick around this site. You may well be able to answer some specific answers once you get to know the job.

For example, only the other day, Bryson was explaining that he last bought a condom in 2001 and was wondering if it is still usable, or should he invest another one? I wasn't sure to be honest.

PoD
Former SAP PM, looking to move in Lawn Mower business

os

Post by os » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:52 am

I have a rate which I think is correct and I keep it - otherwise I don't do the work. This also means that I don't ruine the prices for others by accepting such 200 GBP / day rates, even if that is better than 0 GBP / day.

This means that I sometimes don't have work for a week or three. So I have taken up chicken farming to keep me busy and as a second income. An egg costs 50 rappen, and you won't find any farmers selling them for less.

Al.

Post by Al. » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:11 pm

The Prince Of Darkness wrote: For example, only the other day, Bryson was explaining that he last bought a condom in 2001 and was wondering if it is still usable, or should he invest another one? I wasn't sure to be honest.
I suppose it depends how many times he has used it. Could be getting a bit threadbare by now.

bgamble

Post by bgamble » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:25 am

The Prince Of Darkness wrote:I hope you get the job Rosie and please stick around this site. You may well be able to answer some specific answers once you get to know the job.

For example, only the other day, Bryson was explaining that he last bought a condom in 2001 and was wondering if it is still usable, or should he invest another one? I wasn't sure to be honest.

PoD

To be honest, I would put my last condom purchase at 11/2007, just a few weeks before my vasectomy. No need for em now, Shooting blanks
In my opinion, Pepper Spray is underutilized as an effective tool for scope control

Dr Sidewalk

Post by Dr Sidewalk » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:55 am

To quote Tom Jones, It's not unusual. The rates have dropped alarmingly and sometimes you get an agency/client that offers a ridiculous rate knowing that there are some contractors that have been out of contract for months now and having a crap rate is better than no rate, some believe. I know some guys that are willing to work for nothing for the first month. For some this a ploy to get themselves onto a project, and for some it's just to get away from the wife and kids. ;)

So, these silly posts with low rates always find people, sometimes good calibre people as well, although most often not.

Dr Sidewalk
"In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity" - Albert Einstein
"Money isn't everything in life, unless you don't have it"
"Fail to plan, plan to fail"
"Success is a journey, not a destination."

nickora

Post by nickora » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:20 am

os wrote:I have a rate which I think is correct and I keep it - otherwise I don't do the work. This also means that I don't ruine the prices for others by accepting such 200 GBP / day rates, even if that is better than 0 GBP / day.

This means that I sometimes don't have work for a week or three. So I have taken up chicken farming to keep me busy and as a second income. An egg costs 50 rappen, and you won't find any farmers selling them for less.
All comes down to individual standards basically hey
www.recruit121.com for SAP Jobs

os

Post by os » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:17 pm

Sounds generally reasonable in the same way horoscopes are... :-)

There is a cool site being developed which will give contractors the opportunity to source contracts directly with customers, and consultants the possibility to put project teams together for "real" customers. And of course for customers to make job and project announcements directly into the contractors and consultants sphere.

When it is live I will post more details.

Al.

Post by Al. » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:53 am

os wrote:Sounds generally reasonable in the same way horoscopes are... :-)

There is a cool site being developed which will give contractors the opportunity to source contracts directly with customers, and consultants the possibility to put project teams together for "real" customers. And of course for customers to make job and project announcements directly into the contractors and consultants sphere.

When it is live I will post more details.
There are rumours that SAP is doing something similar, either way, if it's yours then best of luck!