HR Laughs HA HA- Greg come back from Brazil for this

Discussion about non-SAP related issues: Inquiries, Personal & Commercial advertisements, etc. ( For registered users only)

Moderators: rtella, Snowy, thx4allthefish, The Prince Of Darkness

gregir

HR Laughs HA HA- Greg come back from Brazil for this

Post by gregir » Thu May 14, 2009 3:21 pm

Greetings Confidential,
My name is Sandeep and I'm an IT recruiter at Pyramid Consulting, Inc. Our records show that you are an experienced IT professional with experience relevant to one of my current contract openings.
The job is located in Jacksonville, FL with one of our Fortune 500 direct client. They are looking for a SAP HR Lead (Functional) and the following is a more detailed description of the job.
Position Title: SAP HR Lead (Functional)
Duration: 6 Months
Rate: $42/hr on C2C or 1099 or $38/hr on W2
The Job Description is as follows:
• Candidate should have a lead experience in SAP with minimum of 5+ years
• Should have worked on payroll in SAP HR module end to end on US payroll systems.
• Should have a good experience in leading offshore and onsite model
• Should have exposure on Time Management, Compensation and benefits.
• Should be well versed on Organizational Management and have handled a team of min 15 member.
• Should have a good exposure in client involvement and discussion
• Should be good in project metrics, planning and good understanding in testing methodologies.
Tuly Idiot
http://www.bluedragonfishing.com

Greg Robinette, CISM
757-407-7683 or 434-263-6942
Lovingston, Va. 22949
grobinette@lentechinc.com

bill_sd

Re: HR Laughs HA HA- Greg come back from Brazil for this

Post by bill_sd » Thu May 14, 2009 5:11 pm

Please, please, please post Sandeep's email address here !

muhnkee_2
Location: where the sun is shining, drinks are cold and the food is good

Post by muhnkee_2 » Thu May 14, 2009 5:25 pm

Holy shit,

i am packing my bags now, what a great deal!!

And to work on the project i am already working on but without the brasilian beauties - i mean weather!!

I dont know much about rates in the USofA, but if you were in the uk, looking for someone with five years hr experience in a lead position, experience of leading a team of 15+ folks, plus deep payroll experience, you really wouldn't get that many people applying at a rate of about £200 a day.

In fact you wouldn't get anyone working in the UK SAP HR contract market at all working for that rate.

Just yesterday i got called by a large consulting firm looking for a very senior SAP HR expert to do a strictly client advising role - they were offering a salary about the same as that contract rate, i politely declined the invitation.

But i makes me wonder are you allowed to offer different rates for people in the US for different visas? in the uk that would be considered discriminatory!

talking of bikinis, i offer this link as my latest holiday snap:

http://gregandcathsadventures.files.wor ... -0004a.jpg
Author of Discover SAP ERP HCM
A high level introduction to the capabilities and functionality of SAP HR
Available now from SAP Press
http://sap-press.com/product.cfm?account=&product=H2989

ese_pinche_ABAP

Post by ese_pinche_ABAP » Fri May 15, 2009 9:12 am

I too received an email from this person and sent him a short note telling him what I thought:

sandeep.kalra@pyramidci.com

There may be people in the US who would work for those rates but they must be on H1B visa status, or here as indentured servants...I could go drive a truck for that instead...

The bikini pic is nice. Google 'tanga' and look at the images (some [most?] are NSFW and may cause a heart attack in susceptible persons with a history of lust)

gregir

Post by gregir » Fri May 15, 2009 12:16 pm

I think I do not want someone who will work for that level of contract compensation tocuhing any system I have worked with. I will stick to fixing their mistakes a premium. I will sign up for the greg from brazil plan for SAP HR. I think he is paying 39 doallrs an hour in Muhnkee money.
Tuly Idiot

Greg Robinette, CISM
Lovingston, Va. 22949

Seany

Post by Seany » Fri May 15, 2009 2:51 pm

Ah! The humanity... expecting someone to manage on $70000 a year. I think there may be schemes here to help such as food stamps etc.

The problem with "traditional" SAP professionals is that they have this feeling of entitlement. No more your $1000 per day, the generation of those who would take your job for $100,000 year are being replaced by the one who will do it for half and there's more.
Sean

I wish you good courage because courage will lead you to be a star and afraid will lead you to death. Be well and patient.

texmex

Post by texmex » Fri May 15, 2009 3:53 pm

I just subcontracted a ABAP report development at $25/hour. The developer did a very good job and at that rate it was ridiculously good. Granted the report was not a difficult one.
When the developer gave her rate, I almost bit my tongue in trying to offer her more. It is not a good future when one can get the job done at such low rates.

bgamble

Post by bgamble » Mon May 18, 2009 7:21 am

Seany wrote:Ah! The humanity... expecting someone to manage on $70000 a year. I think there may be schemes here to help such as food stamps etc.

The problem with "traditional" SAP professionals is that they have this feeling of entitlement. No more your $1000 per day, the generation of those who would take your job for $100,000 year are being replaced by the one who will do it for half and there's more.

Generalizations are always wrong

there are still lots of contracts paying well over 1000 per day. But not for ABAPers The key is navigating your way into a hot skill set. ISU for instance. its like 1995 all over again

O and by the way, How did you get from 42/hr to 70,000. Do we need to explain utilization to you Seany?
In my opinion, Pepper Spray is underutilized as an effective tool for scope control

muhnkee_2
Location: where the sun is shining, drinks are cold and the food is good

Post by muhnkee_2 » Mon May 18, 2009 8:17 am

bgamble wrote: Generalizations are always wrong

there are still lots of contracts paying well over 1000 per day. But not for ABAPers The key is navigating your way into a hot skill set. ISU for instance. its like 1995 all over again

O and by the way, How did you get from 42/hr to 70,000. Do we need to explain utilization to you Seany?
i budget to have 200 chargeable days a year, i figure that gives me some holidays, some bench time, and some working time, what does everyone else work off?
Author of Discover SAP ERP HCM
A high level introduction to the capabilities and functionality of SAP HR
Available now from SAP Press
http://sap-press.com/product.cfm?account=&product=H2989

bgamble

Post by bgamble » Mon May 18, 2009 8:47 am

Well in the USA we do hours, So I always did (2080 * utilization) and always used 80% which actually supports Seanys comments. But I am thinking that 80% would be high for a coder these days.

By the way, in the 9 years I have been a contractor I have never had less than 100% utilization. Not because I am good , just lucky, and motivated by court ordered alimony.
But now that I am over here billing days, I guess that's not possible. There is really no way to "make up" for the holidays
In my opinion, Pepper Spray is underutilized as an effective tool for scope control

gregir

Post by gregir » Mon May 18, 2009 8:54 am

When I was just a little ol independent I planned on about 200 billable days and then other marketing and training days wee included to provide an actual net rate and income level. Now that I am an employee again I have a bunch of vacation days that I never take and have been billing around 2k hours a year. When I saw Greg at the HR conference I was not billable but was 'working' according to our company policy.
Tuly Idiot

Greg Robinette, CISM
Lovingston, Va. 22949

Seany

Post by Seany » Mon May 18, 2009 8:33 pm

bgamble wrote: O and by the way, How did you get from 42/hr to 70,000. Do we need to explain utilization to you Seany?
don't ask, i was trying to convert £ to $, hours to days and try to make a smug point. Just like trying to make coffee. The packet says use 2 teaspoons for each 6 oz water but the machine is marked in cups and my measuring jug in ml. I alternate between syrup and gnat's piss.
Sean

I wish you good courage because courage will lead you to be a star and afraid will lead you to death. Be well and patient.

thx4allthefish

Post by thx4allthefish » Tue May 19, 2009 1:56 am

:lol:
curiousorange wrote: I give up. Humanity isn't worth saving. Why is there never a Vogon Constructor Fleet around when you really need one?