Help a nigga or destroy a brother?

Discussion about non-SAP related issues: Inquiries, Personal & Commercial advertisements, etc. ( For registered users only)

Moderators: rtella, Snowy, thx4allthefish, The Prince Of Darkness

shygirl

Help a nigga or destroy a brother?

Post by shygirl » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:06 am

I have come back to set the record straight with those of you who told me to just get a job or better training. There are a very few exceptions such as [deleted by fish] who didn't come off as pompous asses, and to them I say thanks. But for the rest of you [deleted by fish]:

I haven't been here in a long time. I asked all my questions pretty well and followed all the rules, but after not really getting anywhere I asked what other resources were available. After about 40 replies, only approximately one person actually answered my question.

Now I'm speaking on behalf of the NICE people you have chased out little by little (people who will one day eat you alive professionally).

I didn't have a corporation willing to train me. I had to go to third-rate training and labs (when I could afford it) and spent months understanding basic concepts that with proper training I would have grasped in a few hours.

Back when I came here in the beginning, I was no fraud. I was just looking for help. But today, I am one of those people who got into SAP the less noble way.

<GASP>

I have an 8th grade education and have managed to get myself a six figure salary. I do my jobs with as much integrity and expertise as I am able to gather, just like anyone else.

I have a feeling most of you don't really know what it is like to be in a 110 degree farenheit one bedroom apartment you share with 15 people with a Windows ME piece of shit and hand written SAP notes alongside a ten year old text book about SAP as your only link to any viable job that will support your entire family to eat. You study that goddam thing 10 hours a day and spend the rest of your waking hours on the net.

You know what is touching about all these so-called frauds in SAP who come here and lack almost any semblance of professional or english skills? They would give the shirt of their backs to help a neighbor because they understand the struggle. And eventually they learn, despite your discouragement.

They might not have the sense to read forum rules. So If you can't say something nice, discourage and berate and lecture them.

And to [deleted by fish], who disrespected the Hindu religion: it wasn’t funny. His question: is bullshit holy since it comes from a cow!!!??? I am sure, sadly, that some of you have absolutely nothing sacred in your lives, right down to jokes about your own mother. You don't understand why this kind of thing is offensive. You have that luxury. I am sure this post will make great fodder for your entertainment. The rest of us don't have that luxury of devaluing everything we hold dear.

How would you like it if you were a catholic or christian and people started asking you whether jesus's turds were considered holy and part of the body of christ when you took communion, or whether you are concerned that all the crosses people wear around their necks might freak christ out when he comes back considering he had to be nailed to one for so long and may have developed a phobia.

With privilege comes responsibility. Yes, you do owe other people a bit of respect, even if they aren't like you, and even if you aren't going to help them, and even if some of them need a job worse than you apparently do.

rangachary

Re: Help a nigga or destroy a brother?

Post by rangachary » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:34 am

Good on You.

shygirl

Post by shygirl » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:36 pm

And to those who want to say they know the difference between a fresher and a newbie, yet want to point the finger at others being racist [deleted by fish]:

Bunch of hypocrites. You are making an obvious reference to south asians of non-white backgrounds trying to make a better life for themselves who call themselves freshers (whereas others call themselves newbies). All you are really doing is sitting your (very likely fat and pasty) asses on your high horses and excluding anyone who didn't have your same privileges.

Pretty disgusting and sad, dontcha think? Then you dress it up by being vague and passive aggressive with your douglas adams and monty python (mannabe) humor. How original.

Funny you same bitches will hand out money to a mission who wants to educate people form developing countries (OH as long as it doesn't interfere with YOUR lifestyle) and think you are being all noble because you got where you are today without HAVING to lie.

There is a reason there are virtually no non-white gurus on this site, and it has nothing to do with their qualifications.

Hope it doesn't come back to bite you all in the ass when you are not on top of the food chain anymore! Or has that day already arrived? Do you think the new breed will smile on you as kindly as you did on them when the tables have really turned?

This forum should be changed to Poor Underpaid Noble People of Integrity!
How mahy of you are getting paid right now to screw around on this forum and make fun of the "less than" crowd?

Waaah.

Now, most of the people you give a hard time to don't have the time nor cultural understanding to fight back. They probably just cuss you out and get kicked off or become frustrated and demanding because they cannot comprehend the kind of losers that use this forum as a substitute for a normal social or family life. But I do need to get back to work and do the job I stole from you (and am better at).

thx4allthefish

Post by thx4allthefish » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:45 pm

shygirl,

i understand that your are bitter. i understand that you feel mistreated by SAPFans regulars. this is GD and so you are free to post your opinion.

however there are limits. and your rant is crossing them in no unsure manner. i will not tolerate your getting personal at any SAPFans regulars by naming them here, so i take the liberty of editing your posts. if you disagree with my interference, feel free to contact another mod or the admin.

try to be rational. try to argue. hurting people does not help you in any way. consider that.

rangachary, i must say, i am astonished!
curiousorange wrote: I give up. Humanity isn't worth saving. Why is there never a Vogon Constructor Fleet around when you really need one?

shygirl

Post by shygirl » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:07 pm

Am I hitting a nerve? Good.

Perhaps it is fine for your posters to make derogatory posts about religions, racist comments, and take over threads with their BS, as long as it isn't bugging you and your buddies. The rules clearly don't apply to them.

Like I said in the post you edited. <**********>

For those who lack with wit to do so, you nominate them for darwin awards. Isn't that catchy?

thx4allthefish

Post by thx4allthefish » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:24 pm

shygirl,

our posters do always make posts such as you call 'derogatory' (which they are not, were you only able to catch their drift). they are neither racist (or only slightly so, but you never encountered S_C, so you do not really know what you are talking about) nor are they blaming you or any religion. the may be anarchist, they may be atheits, and they may post their opionions. so do you. in GD. with limits.

the rules apply to anyone, regardless of colour, origin, religion, political position ... taste in food - you name it!

and they also appy to you.

as for darwin awards: we did not invent that. it's common and you might google for it. we have adapted it, yes. and what's wrong with that?
curiousorange wrote: I give up. Humanity isn't worth saving. Why is there never a Vogon Constructor Fleet around when you really need one?

shygirl

Post by shygirl » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:37 pm

This reply indicates exactly why I called you out and said you are passive aggressive. I am not going to waste my time proving how any why the posts about religion and race are hypocritical and derogatory and clearly biased towards white privileged people. You are saying I am unable to catch their drift. LOL. Maybe you are.

But I will respect the forum rules of not naming names and instead just post links back to those conversations so they can judge for themselves. And I will start being passive aggressive and hide my bigoted, elitist BS behind similar jokes. Mkay?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=291180

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=289413

viewtopic.php?t=304315

As for the atheist anarchists: like I said.This forum's name should be changed to Poor Underpaid Noble People of Integrity! Down with everything! How intellectual and sassy of you to belittle those of faith or tradition (you know who you are).

muhnkee_2
Location: where the sun is shining, drinks are cold and the food is good

Post by muhnkee_2 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:53 pm

Hey Shygirl,
i am not sure why you are posting on this forum, most people who post here choose to do so because they enjoy the company of the other regular posters. you clearly do not.
there are plenty of other places on the interweb where you can post your thoughts.
also you appear to love generalizing about people, as i am sure you are aware, its unhelpful and a bit simple to paste broad generalizations about groups of people that you have not met.
have fun and good luck with your job,
greg
chief priest of the church of the anarchist atheists
Author of Discover SAP ERP HCM
A high level introduction to the capabilities and functionality of SAP HR
Available now from SAP Press
http://sap-press.com/product.cfm?account=&product=H2989

grinman

Post by grinman » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:00 pm

Dude calm down, this forum is known for its bad taste and elementary school offensive humor

muhnkee_2

Post by muhnkee_2 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:04 pm

grinman wrote:Dude calm down, this forum is known for its bad taste and elementary school offensive humor
you mean like this?

swright

Post by swright » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:20 pm

I read all you wrote and seriously do not find the examples you linked to particularly relevant to your arguments.

Apart from a very confused discussion, primarily between people with English as a second language, about bullshit there was little substance to support your claims. The language issue just made it harder for people to explain themselves but it seemed to be resolved in the end.

As for the link to 291180 I stand by what I said then. This is not a "training forum", it is not a "spoon-feed forum", it is not a "get people started in their career forum". It is where people come to help each other with technical SAP problems, bearing in mind that people are doing this voluntarily for no tangible reward. The particular area of the GD forum is where we come to let off steam, mess about and play silly buggers, entertain each other, or discuss world events; anything except SAP.

To be blunt and seemingly cruel; It is not our role to drag those who are wannabe SAP professionals up out of their depths of poverty. Sorry but, in reality that's the way it is; I think you’ll find, particularly in this period of economic recession, that most people are concerned about their own jobs, their family's jobs and those of their local community, moving outwards to their own country. That’s the harsh reality of social responsibility it starts at home where you can have the most immediate positive effect and may expand from there.

I will only make one other point with regard to religion; I (and many others here) am not religious at all and while I respect the right to believe, or not believe, in what you will, I do not have to respect what you actually believe in or allow it to affect how I live my life. Why should your belief in something mythical have any more weight than my choice to say it is a load of bollocks - whose belief is more important or worthwhile yours or mine?
Sandi
~~~~

Tuly kiwi. Image

Putting the Chur in Christchurch, bro!

muhnkee_2

Post by muhnkee_2 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:35 pm

well said Sandi

ese_pinche_ABAP

Post by ese_pinche_ABAP » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:37 pm

Anyone is free to believe or not to believe whatever they want. Whether someone believes or not in God is no skin off my nose and whatever their position, it places absolutely no obligation on me. Just as your posts here place absolutely no obligation on me or anyone else.

I read the threads you posted and I do not find anything very offensive or of much import in any of them.

I don't know how you divine the skin color of the posters here. Personally I do not know or care what color any of them are, as I am more performance oriented.

If some of us seem "privileged" to you because we talk of SAP it is entirely due to your own imagination. You know nothing about the reality of any poster's circumstance in life or in work but can only judge from their posts which may or may not be whimsical, informative, rude, derisive, etc. etc. and may or may not be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

You seem to have a chip on your shoulder and to be overly sensitive. This GD forum is no place for either attitude.

I suggest you retire your pseudonym and resurrect yourself with another screen name. No one (except several nosy-ass moderators) will ever know and you can make a fresh start!

shygirl

Post by shygirl » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:11 pm

To Sandi:
"I read all you wrote and seriously do not find the examples you linked to particularly relevant to your arguments."
My argument was that you are elitist and like to condescend to people who don't have the privlege of doing things the way you think they ought to be done. It is funny everyone here is upset that I am being judgmental when you all were the ones who repeatedly told me to get REAL training or a REAL job. You exemplify the people on here who think everyone is a silly fraud. When did I say I came for training? Um, no, in fact I believe I asked to simply be pointed in the right direction elsewhere. Rather than do that, you took it as an opportunity to lecture me from your high horse and not be one bit helpful. You specifically, Sandi, were the one who made the racist comment about knowing the difference between a fresher and a newbie.

As for the link to 291180 I stand by what I said then. This is not a "training forum", it is not a "spoon-feed forum", it is not a "get people started in their career forum". It is where people come to help each other with technical SAP problems, bearing in mind that people are doing this voluntarily for no tangible reward. The particular area of the GD forum is where we come to let off steam, mess about and play silly buggers, entertain each other, or discuss world events; anything except SAP.
I am quite familiar with how the forum works, thank you very much. If that is your defense for being condescending and unhelpful, perhaps they should create a forum particularly for people a little too full of themselves.
To be blunt and seemingly cruel; It is not our role to drag those who are wannabe SAP professionals up out of their depths of poverty.
Oh, the humanity! You mean, being respectful and not assuming I'm a total idiot who came here to be spoonfed is asking too much? I'm not sure, but I think you've already made it clear that you don't give a rat's ass about SAP professionals unless they make you look good or kiss your arse. I am sure you have plenty of male slobs to do that around here
Sorry but, in reality that's the way it is; I think you’ll find, particularly in this period of economic recession, that most people are concerned about their own jobs, their family's jobs and those of their local community, moving outwards to their own country. That’s the harsh reality of social responsibility it starts at home where you can have the most immediate positive effect and may expand from there.
Now I understand why you are screwing around on this forum and lecturing others perfectly!
I do not have to respect what you actually believe in or allow it to affect how I live my life. Why should your belief in something mythical have any more weight than my choice to say it is a load of bollocks - whose belief is more important or worthwhile yours or mine?
First of all, I didn't ask you to respect what I believe. I don't give a flying rats ass what you think at this point. You set a great example for atheists everywhere and fit the mindset of a 15 years old atheist with your insulting approach.

But for somebody to come on here and antagonize somebody on the basis of their religious beliefs is inappropriate and I'd not do such a thing towards an atheist and would appreciate if they refrain from the same. Sure, it's allowed. Shall I invite some fundamentalists here to preach their BS? Would that be OK with you? No, it''s rude. If you want to challenge my religion, which also has an atheist sect, do so respectfully, not out of derogatory humor. It is clear you all are targeting people outside your little clique.
You can do what you want; I'm just calling you on your elitist and condescending bullshit. Keep going.

As for the rest of you who are defending yourselves and disinviting me: you already did that. Be more original next time.

muhnkee_2

Post by muhnkee_2 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:17 pm

this is developing quite nicely, so in an attempt to make it a bit more fun for all parties, i have taken the liberty to order 20 tonnes of raspberry jelly, some pop corn and stadium seating, the only question is where do we want it delivered?