How to earn points in SDN

Discussion about non-SAP related issues: Inquiries, Personal & Commercial advertisements, etc. ( For registered users only)

Moderators: rtella, Snowy, thx4allthefish, The Prince Of Darkness

sapfans_fi

How to earn points in SDN

Post by sapfans_fi » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:52 am

Hi,

I dont use SDN but there are some good ways to earn points at SDN.

1. Open 5-10 fake mail id;s under different names.

2. Post a question from 1 id & immediatly reply from another id. Give full points to your other id. Repeat this on regular basis. Soon you will reach at some level of reward points.

I know this looks cheap but many must be doing it.

SDN is a place only for reward point mongers & not for real professionals.. Real SAP guys come to SAPFANS... right??

comments...???

VLozano

Post by VLozano » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:12 am

Not really. I've found some interesting information in its blogs, and in some threads. The quality of its forums is very low, because all those point-beggars, but the number of posts make it a good place to search if you are desperado. Obviously, my first place to seek is this one, the second has been renamed recently and the third is the SDN itself. It's just much more boring because you must filter thousand useless posts before been able to find anything useful, but again, if you are desperated, it's better than post a question anywhere and sit waiting.

The whole points' system and the lack of effort from its moderators to keep the forums "clear" makes it bad (a lot).

And hey! I'm near my 250 milestone without using that dirty trick :)
Tuly Idiots
Because we know we are part of the problem

ilya

Post by ilya » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:16 am

I remember the time when my bank, to popularize online banking, paid me 0.15 cent for each online transaction. I could use that similarly but there was a monthly "earnings" limit. Why do you need those points guys? Are they giving away cool stuff?
Last edited by ilya on Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
ilya

More input data: http://abaplog.wordpress.com
Sapfans ABAP FAQ: viewtopic.php?t=94198
Rich's ABAP Knowledge Corner: http://www.richard-harper.me.uk/Kb/default.html
Function modules documentation: http://www.se37.com

sapfans_fi

Post by sapfans_fi » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:21 am

Critically saying SDN does have good wiki & sometimes i get really good answers but thatz rare.

In past SDN ( to some extent SAPFANS) have become the learning ground for freshers. I am not against the freshers but they should show that they are atleast working from their side to find answers.

I think best way to handle the some basic questions asked by freshers is to give them a link to help.sap.com. This will dissuade them from seeking readymade answers from here & do their bit at first hand..

Hope moderators are listening to this usggestion....

VLozano

Post by VLozano » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:21 am

I'm not sure why the other people does. I do it mainly for two reasons:

1- for fun
2- for curiosity (I want to know what do they give for the first milestone -250 points-)

And why not, maybe someday I will be able to say to a potential contractor something like

"No, I'm not the sheep lover of that site you said, I'm just the one at SDN who owns zillion contribution points. Now kneel in front of my supreme knowledge and deep wise and ask me politely to work for you for an absurd amount of cash"
Tuly Idiots

Baz

Post by Baz » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:10 am

The whole points system is a joke, and people beg for points like they actually mean something!

Says Baz with 2,460 points and a selection of t-shirts!

I get some good resolutions for my XI issues on there though..

There is also a higher number of people asking for help to fake their resumes....
Baz

AsPiRiNg tUlY iDiOt Image

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

check out my Podcasts http://dj-baz.podomatic.com

VLozano

Post by VLozano » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:26 am

Baz wrote:Says Baz with 2,460 points and a selection of t-shirts!
T-shirts? No baseball caps? I want a baseball cap! :(

I think we will need to restart the "Tuly-shirt project"! And a whole bunch of merchandising about us :)
Tuly Idiots

Hot Asien Teen

Post by Hot Asien Teen » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:50 am

In addition to turning GD into a coffee bar, why cant we add poiunts here too?

they could be tully idiot points, and only handed out by Tuly idiots.
Electricity is actually made up of extremely tiny particles called electrons, that you cannot see with the naked eye unless you have been drinking.

Sometimes I think I understand everything, then I regain consciousness.

Snowy

Post by Snowy » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:17 am

I got over 1000 points over there and don't do it for points (or t-shirts).

but I sometimes give an excellent response after searching through help.sap.com and notes and get no points. and I sometimes post an almost useless response and get 10 points for that!

anyways, I do it to help people, just like I do here and elsewhere, I also learn a few things from other posters and this is what makes me go there.

the problem for many forums is not the point system, it's people who buy IDES on a DVD on a flea market and then install it home to learn and then, obviously, they need support. This is the real problem.

The Prince Of Darkness
Location: Either on a train or in a pub (if neither, arguing with an Eastern Block work colleague)

Post by The Prince Of Darkness » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:00 am

Snowy wrote:I got over 1000 points over there and don't do it for points (or t-shirts).

but I sometimes give an excellent response ......

anyways, I do it to help people.......
There must be some kind of metamorphosis that occurs when you log in there.

Just kidding. Mate. Chum. Have a great weekend doing all those things us blokes like to do - drinking, looking at birds, talking about football etc. etc.
Former SAP PM, looking to move in Lawn Mower business

Snowy

Post by Snowy » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:07 am

The Prince Of Darkness wrote:There must be some kind of metamorphosis that occurs when you log in there.

he he.

you know, I post useful info in other SF forums... unlike others... :wink:

technostud4u

URGENT what is SDN?? Please help

Post by technostud4u » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:26 am

HI Seniors, I am a fresher and I got a job masquerading as a 10 year experienced professional. so I was browsing sapfans at work and I see the word SDN.. what is SDN..this is URGENT..if you dont help me, I will lose my job!!! i

does SDN mean sex dating network and can I get free BJ's and pussy dips with lots of points..please revert immediately..

=============
please dont lock thread..above is my attempt at humor..pardon my drunken stupor..
You are a naughty girl. now go to my room

sapfans_fi

Post by sapfans_fi » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:18 am

dear technostud4u,

SDN means to me as Selfish Developers (?) Network....

Only interested in bloody points & wants to be rewarded without doing anything worthwhile....

Just points mongers who will do every trick to gain from freebies from SAP.

A sham on SAP & the moderators for running a reward shop...

sorry having a bad day at offcie & totally pissed off

VLozano

Post by VLozano » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:53 am

In any case, I just reached my 250 points' milestone. I can left SDN for boring times only :P

(are you sure I will get a t-shirt? I want a baseball cap :cry: )

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P
Tuly Idiots

ilya

Post by ilya » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:10 am

Oh! On their Wiki (created in January but still EMPTY), you can even:
Request points from Moderator.

Using the guidelines provide, please enter the number of points requested along with an explanation of the request. Use the explanation field to detail your addition or modification to the wiki page. Content Moderators will review your request and decide on the points award.
And no wonder it's empty. In their ABAP FAQ, they have lots of very useful posts. Like:
hi pavan,
nice to meet u,i am sateesh can uplz fwd that material to my mail."......@gmail.com".
thanx&regards.
satish
ilya

More input data: http://abaplog.wordpress.com
Sapfans ABAP FAQ: viewtopic.php?t=94198
Rich's ABAP Knowledge Corner: http://www.richard-harper.me.uk/Kb/default.html
Function modules documentation: http://www.se37.com