This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

RWD uPerform 4.00.0.20 Problem

SAP-OTHER (SAP Components and all other issues that do not fall under above categories)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

RWD uPerform 4.00.0.20 Problem

Postby juandre » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:03 am

Hello.
I am having problems with my RWD uPerform 4.00.0.20 on Windows 7 (64-Bit) Professional.
I have installed the software in the same way I would on 32-Bit Windows 7, although on my laptop it refuses to work.

Upon opening the software, I am asked for my server details which I then provide. I then get to the screen where you can select to create a new recording, open an existing uPerform file or open the editor. When clicking New, selecting the appropriate category and template, I supply it with a name and select the location where I want it locally saved.

It then starts to display "Creating file" and then comes back with the following error message:
"The file failed to open and may be corrupt. Please restart the application and try again"

The application then goes back to that main menu, if I close it then I receive the following message:
"The application failed to initialise correctly. Please contact RWD Support. Message: Could not load file or assembly 'PolarSpellChecker, Version=1.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format"

I have gone as far as formatting my laptop, reloading the Operating System again from scratch, ensuring that I have .Net Framework 3.5 installed, the newest version of Java and Adobe Flash Player. I still have Internet Explorer 8 which came with Windows 7. I have tried running this without Anti-Virus / Firewalls present on the machine, this made no difference. All my software on my laptop is legit.

I have created a logfile for RWD uPerform, and this is the result of the error message:
10/16/2012 16:00:44: Critical : Could not load file or assembly 'PolarSpellChecker, Version=1.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.
at RWD.uPerform.UI.RenoApplication.Close(Boolean suppressMessages)
at RWD.uPerform.UI.RenoApplication.Exit()
at RWD.uPerform.UI.RenoApplication.Start(String[] args)
at ..(String[] )

I have no idea what any of this means as I am not familiar with RWD uPerform, and I am hoping that someone here might be able to help me. It would be greatly appreciated as I really need to get my RWD working for purpose of creating Technical Manuals.

One other thing I have noticed is that after closing the application, if I open it again, it asks for the server details again, it's like it doesn't save anything that I supplied.
juandre

Return to SAP Other