Transaction Variants

SAP-OTHER (SAP Components and all other issues that do not fall under above categories)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

ukmags

Transaction Variants

Post by ukmags » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:35 am

Could anyone tell me how to print the details of all variants for specified transactions ?

thx4allthefish

Re: Transaction Variants

Post by thx4allthefish » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:37 am

may i ask for what purpose? that could amount to tons of paper and - surely nobody is going to pin them to (a) wall(s), working them over with a magic marker??
Last edited by thx4allthefish on Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited. spelling.
curiousorange wrote: I give up. Humanity isn't worth saving. Why is there never a Vogon Constructor Fleet around when you really need one?

ukmags

Post by ukmags » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:52 am

Hi Fish,

For one transaction we have several variants, each with lists of materials to be selected. We want a way to pull off these variants detailing the materials specified in order to check they are still correct. If we can print, then we can print to a file so there is no need for 'magic markers'.....

thx4allthefish

Post by thx4allthefish » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:39 am

ukmags wrote:Hi Fish,

For one transaction we have several variants, each with lists of materials to be selected. We want a way to pull off these variants detailing the materials specified in order to check they are still correct. If we can print, then we can print to a file so there is no need for 'magic markers'.....
i see. maybe you can create a query (SQ01) on these tables:

SHDFV
SHDFVCI
SHDFVGUI
SHDFVGUICI
SHDFVGUICU
SHDFVGUIU
SHDG

and print the result.

that transaction ... would that per chance be a VA* ?? i am asking this since there might be another approach to make sure that only chosen materials appear in distinct documents - and i then would like to shadow this topic in the respective forum ...
curiousorange wrote: I give up. Humanity isn't worth saving. Why is there never a Vogon Constructor Fleet around when you really need one?

ukmags

Post by ukmags » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:38 am

Unfortunately all of those tables are empty on my system.....

Snowy

Post by Snowy » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:41 am

I beleive that table names are VARI*

thx4allthefish

Post by thx4allthefish » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:30 am

for transaction variants? surely not. but let the OP please clarify that.

are you talking about the field values created for screen/transaction variants using tx. SHD0?
or do you - as Snowy assumes - mean variants for reports, created ... whereever ...?

ukmags

Post by ukmags » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:09 am

I think Snowy is right and the tables are the VARi* set. I can find the variant names, date created etc. in table VARID, but I can't find where the detail of the selection is held.

thx4allthefish

Post by thx4allthefish » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:08 am