Setting default language key (for searching)

SAP-OTHER (SAP Components and all other issues that do not fall under above categories)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

ErikNikolai

Setting default language key (for searching)

Post by ErikNikolai » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:47 am

Hello everyone,

I'd greatly appreciate it if any of you could explain how I might change the default language key from EN to, in my case, NO. I have to change the language key manually every time I do a search for a material description, which is quite often.

I'm using SAP ERP.

Thanks.

thx4allthefish

Re: Setting default language key (for searching)

Post by thx4allthefish » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:23 am

set Parameter SPR with value NO in transaction SU3.
curiousorange wrote: I give up. Humanity isn't worth saving. Why is there never a Vogon Constructor Fleet around when you really need one?

ErikNikolai

Post by ErikNikolai » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:30 am

thx4allthefish wrote:set Parameter SPR with value NO in transaction SU3.
Thank you very much. :)

ErikNikolai

Post by ErikNikolai » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:36 am

How strange. When I set "NO" as a parameter, "NL" actually appears as the default when I'm doing searches, rendering it useless. Any idea how this can be corrected?

ErikNikolai

Post by ErikNikolai » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:42 am

ErikNikolai wrote:How strange. When I set "NO" as a parameter, "NL" actually appears as the default when I'm doing searches, rendering it useless. Any idea how this can be corrected?
It turns out I can set "O" as a parameter in order to get "NO."

Incidentally, do you know what parameter I can set in order to remove "C" as the default "Partner Type" when searching for material numbers?

thx4allthefish

Post by thx4allthefish » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:04 am

sorry for the 'NO' :oops:

which matchcode in MM03 is the one you get the partners with?
curiousorange wrote: I give up. Humanity isn't worth saving. Why is there never a Vogon Constructor Fleet around when you really need one?

ErikNikolai

Post by ErikNikolai » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:15 am

thx4allthefish wrote:sorry for the 'NO' :oops:

which matchcode in MM03 is the one you get the partners with?
In MM03 I just hit F4, and the "Material Number - External Material Numer" search screen appears, with "C" as the default in the Partner Type field.

thx4allthefish

Post by thx4allthefish » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:19 am

i don't have that one on ECC 5.0 ... could it be this is a customer developed search-help? if yes, approach the developer and ask her/him what parameter he assigned to the thing. alternativ: go to SE11, try to find that special search help and look what parameter is set in field: 'default value' in the respective line (in our example above that would have been line SPRAS).

ErikNikolai

Post by ErikNikolai » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:36 am

thx4allthefish wrote:i don't have that one on ECC 5.0 ... could it be this is a customer developed search-help? if yes, approach the developer and ask her/him what parameter he assigned to the thing. alternativ: go to SE11, try to find that special search help and look what parameter is set in field: 'default value' in the respective line (in our example above that would have been line SPRAS).
Alright, thank you for the advice. :)