Database models

SAP-OTHER (SAP Components and all other issues that do not fall under above categories)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

Eggy

Database models

Post by Eggy » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:42 am

When programming reports, function modules, customer exits etc. it's always nice to know where to get your information from. To this end I've been scavenging around and found a couple of database models for various functional areas in SAP (mm, is-u etc.).

However it seems that SAP isn't keen on spreading those, since the ones I found look to have been made by other consultants. They probably got fed up with not having a clear overview of where data was stored and started drawing tables, links en which fields end up where on the other side.

My current project is an implementation of xRPM, which is a module that is plugged into CRM. Apparently not only SAP is hesitant of showing the datamodel, so is everyone else... so far no luck in discovering a model.

Is there a certain reason that people aren't openly sharing this information? There is so much information out there, on laptops everywhere, that could help others. Why invent the wheel over and over again?

So basically I have two questions:
1. Does anyone have database models he/she is willing to share (specifically xRPM in this case)
2. Why not create an online repository with these?

wilhitern1

Re: Database models

Post by wilhitern1 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:16 am

Go for it! Sounds like a wonderful project that everyone will benefit from. I think that the answer that you'll find is that no one is willing to pay us to do it and we already have too much work as it is. If I become unemployed again (God forbid) maybe I'll help you.
Neal Wilhite (WilhiteRN1)Image