This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Changing order BOM from Material BOM

SAP-OTHER (SAP Components and all other issues that do not fall under above categories)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

Changing order BOM from Material BOM

Postby SteveC63 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:32 pm

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to pick up changes made in a material BOM and transfer them to a corresponding order BOM.

Currently, the way my company uses SAP is that the engineers create and maintain the material BOM. The planning department uses these to generate order BOMs that drive purchasing and production.

We make custom equipment, so a BOM is rarely static throughout the build of a project.

When a change needs to be made, we (the engineers) make the change to the material BOM. To notify planning of these changes, we enter the appropriate info into an Access database. The planner then takes this info, and makes the changes to the order BOM.
This is extremely cumbersome, as one small change can lead to large quantities of data for the planner to paste, one record at a time, into the order BOM.
As an example, I made changes to 3 sub-assemblies that are used in various places on the project. This led to 96 line items to be entered into the Access database, and subsequently into the order BOM.

It seems to me that there must be some built-in functionality in SAP that would accomplish this.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Steve
SteveC63

Return to SAP Other