This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

aerospace & defense

Third Party products such as GuiXT, BMC Patrol, Vertex, Ixos etc...

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

aerospace & defense

Postby jlc on Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:28 pm

:?
My company will be implementing SAP in about 1 year. I work in the project control area. We are currently using MS Project for our schedules and MPM for our earned value management system. Can anyone recommend any reading material so I can come up-to-speed on our options? It isn't clear to us if SAP will meet our Project control needs or if we need to find a 3rd party product to add to the system.

thanks
:)

jlc

Postby ACesar on Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:49 pm

Hi,

I'm sure that SAP can meet your Project control needs because it can be configurable for this.
During implementing fase some projects should be created for integration tests and also be transferred from one client to another. You will probably need OpenPS, developed and supported by SAP, is a BAPI based object-oriented interface that allows for synchronous connectivity between MS Project 2000 and the SAP PS module. OpenPS allows for the bi-directional data exchange between the two systems. Users can (upload) create or update project data in SAP PS based on data in MS Project 2000. Users can (download) also create a project in Project 2000 based on data in PS.
And finally if you need a 3rd party product, we recommend Mps http://www.mpshp.com . You can try it with limited features and decide for it.

Best Regards,
Cesar
ACesar

Return to Third Party Products