This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Third party Vendor Portal

Third Party products such as GuiXT, BMC Patrol, Vertex, Ixos etc...

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

Third party Vendor Portal

Postby jesus on Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:50 am

Hi,

I'm in the middle of researching for third party tools that provide a portal like functionality to company's Supplier information. The idea is to provide a way for Vendors to access their information already residing on SAP (Invoice Entry, Invoice Status, Dispute Resolution, Historical Information, etc) throw a nice clean web interface.

So far I have found just one application that offers this kind of functionality (Optura) and I was wondering if some else would know other leads that I could explore. I know that SAP as part of its SRM module already offers something like it but I still want to look for more options.

Thanks

- Jesus

jesus

Postby Guest on Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:54 pm

I would suggest taking a look at this product: http://www.amprofessionals.com/solutions/vti.html

Although it is primarily regarded as a mobile framework, it allows you to create any kind of front end within SAP and have it viewed as a web page from any browser without needing to do any web development. The screen painter and functionality is created within SAP so you have access to all transactions within SAP without needing to do any additional mapping. Once you are satisfied with the app, it can be tested within SAP before being deployed and any updates to the app are automatically updated the next time the user(s) logs in. This happens externally to the actual SAP system, so there are no additional SAP user licenses required and the solution is also sold as an environment license, as well. Adding in the other tools that come with it, such as transaction management, offline modes, etc. and you have an interesting alternative to use for other requirements.

Good luck.

Return to Third Party Products