This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

DEBMAS Partner Functions

Interfaces (ALE, IDOC, RFC, EDI etc.)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

DEBMAS Partner Functions

Postby leewxm » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:16 am

We are building a new SAP system and transferring customer master data from the old system to the new. The DEBMAS works well but idocs fail on some customers when trying to assign the partner functions because a subsequent customer number does not yet exist.
E.g. We try to create customer 500, but a Ship To partner assigned might be number 550, now customer 500 cannot be created because 555 does not exist to assign to it.
We can reapply the idoc at a later time, but I suspect there is a more correct process? ..create the core data first then the partner functions somehow maybe?

Any advice appreciated

Regards
leewxm

Re: DEBMAS Partner Functions

Postby Gothmog » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:39 am

Yes, one way to do it would be to start with the general/sales data of all customers (using dummy partners for mandatory partner functions), then send all correct partner functions.
68 74 74 70 3a 2f 2f 74 69 6e 79 75 72 6c 2e 63 6f 6d 2f 62 64 6f 37 6d 77 67
Gothmog

Re: DEBMAS Partner Functions

Postby leewxm » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:33 pm

Sorry for slow reply from me. The data in the source system is live data so has the real partners against it.. So not sure how we could send dummy data in the idoc, is there a method?

I thought of maybe trying to substitute a dummy in bd79 on the inbound side, but if there are several ship tos it would try and apply multiple of the same. :(

We want to filter out any shiptos other than the standard one equating to the new customer being created?
leewxm

Return to Interfaces