This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Serialization of Select IDocs

Interfaces (ALE, IDOC, RFC, EDI etc.)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

Serialization of Select IDocs

Postby SAPling » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:46 am

All,

Before I post my question let me start by explaining that I am a functional SAP user not a technical user so I may not explain things as clearly as I should. I apologize in advance.

We are in the process of setting up a non-SAP system to send data to SAP to create inbound deliveries and inbound shipments. The data will be interfaced to us in a single file. We are using WebMethods as our middle-ware.

There may be times where there is one inbound delivery to one inbound shipment and other times where there are many inbound deliveries to one inbound shipments. The sending system does not know the inbound delivery number at the time the data is sent but it will know the shipment number. We will be creating the deliveries in SAP and we will add the shipment number to the delivery header to keep the documents referenced together. My issue is this, I do not want to process the shipment create IDoc until all the delivery IDocs have processed. I would like to see if it is possible to use serialization for my inbounds.

In the past I worked where we had serialization active for IDocs but I was not involved in setting them up. In my previous experience we serialized all of the IDocs (used channels) for different message types but I need to see if we can manage these at a lower level. Is it possible to group the IDocs for a given shipment (i.e. three inbound delivery IDocs and one inbound shipment IDoc) into a small serialization (maybe using the shipment number as the unique serial number) and other groups of IDocs into a separate and unique group so that one group will not hold up another in the serialization processing?

Thanks in advance for any information you can offer. I would appreciate if anyone has any links to SAP serialization help.

Thanks again!

Sapling
SAPling

Return to Interfaces