This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Order of Tabs in the Portal

SAP Portals & Internet Solutions

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

Order of Tabs in the Portal

Postby riffraff » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:08 pm

Does anyone know how to control the order (left to right) of the tabs for the various roles assigned to a user? It seems that every time we add or delete a role, the order of the tabs rearranges in an unpredictable way.
riffraff

Postby riffraff » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:18 pm

OK, I think I figured it out. Assign the Sort Priority property on the role lower numbers to show farther left and higher numbers to show farther right. The default is 100 for all roles, which causes them to be prioritized the same and ordered randomly.
riffraff

Re: Order of Tabs in the Portal

Postby jkaiser » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:40 pm

Question related to this one but not answered anywhere (that i could find via search function)....

Within the tabs at the top of the netweaver portal, we have roles. Each role has iViews assigned to it. Does the sort priority field not work for the iViews listed horizontally along the left sidebar in the IE window? I have set mine and they do not seem to arrange themselves in any different way unless i move the iViews around by using the Up/Down buttons within the role.

Any suggestions on how I could get the sorting to work without clicking "up/down' 50000 times for each iView?
jkaiser

Re: Order of Tabs in the Portal

Postby sumeetsden » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:16 am

The roles are sorted by the sort priority and the contents within a role can be grouped with a merge priority and sorted according to the merge priority id.
-Sumeet
sumeetsden

Return to SAP Portals and Internet Solutions