This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

SAP SD --> SAP IS OIL

Industry Solutions (IS-B, IS-H, IS-Oil, IS-P, IS-Retail, IS-T, RIVA etc.)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

SAP SD --> SAP IS OIL

Postby marcos4129 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:45 am

Good evening SAP SD and IS Oil Folks,

I'm a newbie in IS Oil module and I want to explore it more. Right now I'm currently working in an implementation for one of our clients under oil and gas industry. We will be using Oil module to fulfill the needs of the business. Recently we had a discussion regarding our customer account number. By the way this is nothing to do with the inquiries below. Here is the scenario. They have customer numbers for their customers in SD module. They have customers who are also their dealers. In the retail station of my client, they have spaces which are also a source of income thru rentals. They have dealers who are also renting some of these spaces. To capture this scenario (rental income from their dealer who is also their customer in SD), they need to use the REflex module (Real Estate). They need to maintain customer master data for the said dealer who rents their spaces.

My questions now are as follows:

1. Do they really need to use REflex module to capture the said scenario or there is an option in IS Oil which captures this?
2. Are the customers account numbers of these two customers (Customer-SD and Customer-REflex) should be the same? What is the best practice then?

Thank you for taking time reading this and thank you again for whatever comments or suggestions that you may share.

Kind regards
marcos4129

Re: SAP SD --> SAP IS OIL

Postby Gothmog » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:40 am

Split from here - please do not hijack old topics, let them rest in peace.
68 74 74 70 3a 2f 2f 74 69 6e 79 75 72 6c 2e 63 6f 6d 2f 62 64 6f 37 6d 77 67
Gothmog

Re: SAP SD --> SAP IS OIL

Postby Frank Lai » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:49 am

Hi

It has been many years since I worked with IS Oil but I can tell you that Gas stations was defined as an entity of its right ( It is separate from customer IDs) for scenarios like the station has pumps to sell gas, a car wash and maybe repair bays. Each could be own by the same or different people. There are tanks that holds inventory that you need to know about etc etc. This was done long before the Real Estate module was ever developed

I am surprised that RE is being positioned as the solution at this point. Suggest you first get to know IS Oil much better before recommending anything to your client. Have a read of manage retail functionality in IS Oil ( I think it is called SSR/Service Station Retail ).

Frank
Frank Lai

Return to Industry Solutions