SAP SD --> SAP IS OIL

Industry Solutions (IS-B, IS-H, IS-Oil, IS-P, IS-Retail, IS-T, RIVA etc.)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

sap_maniam

SAP SD --> SAP IS OIL

Post by sap_maniam » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:39 am

Hi Guys

I am an SD consultant with some good years of SD implementaion, support and improvement experience.

I want to learn SAP IS OIL (SD) and what is the best way to go about it?

1. How different it is from standard SAP SD?
2. Is there any IDES demo system available (on-line) so that I can buy, learn and practice the processes?
3. Does SAP train in these modules?
4. Is there a place I get the SAP training material?

Cheers for your inputs in advance.

Sap_Maniam

ssnake

Re: SAP SD --> SAP IS OIL

Post by ssnake » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:40 pm

Hi Maniac,

Well, you have a lot of work man... sales and distribution is the main topic of IS OIL Solution, there are lots of changes from the standart... MCOE for contracts and sales order, MAP pricing formulas, TD transport and distribution, HPM Hydrocarbon Product Management...

Good luck, any comments contact me by private

Greets

Frank Lai

Post by Frank Lai » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:55 am

Hi:

Like many of the other IS solutions, IS Oil can be viewed as standard R3 with a bunch of extensions to deal with specific requirements of the Industry. Its foundation remains SD and MM and FI etc. You will see standard R3 things like pricing procedures but also IS Oil specific things like differential reference codes for pricing.

Like the Oil industry itself, IS Oil is separated into two major parts, upstream and downstream. Upstream deals with wellhead production etc this is where you get into joint venture accounting etc. Downstream which is far more common. Contain a number of modules some of which previous post mentioned (others are EXCH for exchange management, TDP for duties and tariffs and MRN for management retail networks).

The difference in the IS Oil sub module specifics is actually the easier part of the puzzle. The bigger challenge is actually to get sufficient knowledge of the business processes that an integrated oil company has in order to know how to set up IS Oil effectively.

Frank

sweetsinchan

Post by sweetsinchan » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:29 am

just wanna add, I had ever been in the IS retail before and now join support project for IS Oil. The most distinctive thing in IS Oil for SD is that they have TD Shipment schedule with loading and disharge for multi ports , like here you can capture actual receipt of the shipment quantity, pipeline deduction and so on.

I think IS Oil is a bit challenge. Yes it is true..