simple method to find out double posting

Industry Solutions (IS-B, IS-H, IS-Oil, IS-P, IS-Retail, IS-T, RIVA etc.)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

supersap

simple method to find out double posting

Post by supersap » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:53 am

hi all
can anybody provide information on how to identify that a material has been double posted . by double posting i mean that it shows sale of same article with same quantity and same movement type(for sale) has occured on same date.
this gives duplicates and errors and so it is necessary to identify such articles for which double posting has occured so that they can be reversed.

any insight into this will be appreciated!
thanks

gnarayanan

Re: simple method to find out double posting

Post by gnarayanan » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:29 pm

Hi,

You can actually prevent double posting by defining certain Checking rules while the sales data is posted via POS Inbound. You define this for the POS Inbound profile where you can enable 'Double document analysis'. The default/mandatory parameter is the receipt number, but you can enable additional parameters such as date, time, cashier number, name etc to be used for checking duplicate postings.

Let me know if you need more info..

cheers,

Narayanan
supersap wrote:hi all
can anybody provide information on how to identify that a material has been double posted . by double posting i mean that it shows sale of same article with same quantity and same movement type(for sale) has occured on same date.
this gives duplicates and errors and so it is necessary to identify such articles for which double posting has occured so that they can be reversed.

any insight into this will be appreciated!
thanks