Change of article category

Industry Solutions (IS-B, IS-H, IS-Oil, IS-P, IS-Retail, IS-T, RIVA etc.)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

myKate

Change of article category

Post by myKate » Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:22 am

Hi, all,

We have a situation where at the start of creating an article, we didn't foresee that this article will be splited to two components, so we create this article as an single article. However, later on, we would like to splite this article to further components, how can we do now? can I change the article category to sales set now? or there is other around?

Thanks,
Kate

Post by ... » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:05 am

Hi, I think you might need to use a special designed tool to "switch" the article category.

ramjet

change from Single to a sales set.

Post by ramjet » Wed May 17, 2006 1:28 pm

I don't think you could change the article category once its created.

Delete the article and create a new article with similar characteristics and set it up for Sales set.

Thanks,

Vardhan

Hi

Post by Vardhan » Sun May 28, 2006 2:49 am

Hi Kate,

I think you must create an article like generic with only matrix point. You must create a single only if you are 100% sure it wont have further components.

Vardhan

supersap

Post by supersap » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:44 am

HI myKate

you will need to create a generic article and create its variants then.
for this during creating article you will have to select material category as generic article. as u had selected it as single article u possibly cannot have its variants now. so in order to have variants of this article u will have to create a new article as generic article and create its variants then.

if u have found an alternative method , plz let us know then

gnarayanan

Re: Change of article category

Post by gnarayanan » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:56 pm

Hi All,

It is categorically stated in SAP Help documentation that it is not possible to convert single to generics or vice versa, I have reproduced the original statement for clarity.

"When creating a single article, be sure to assign the correct article category to it. In the standard SAP Retail System, this is article category 00. It is not possible to turn a single article into a generic article, or vice versa."

Lets hope SAP adds more flexibility in future releases..

Cheers,

Narayanan
myKate wrote:Hi, all,

We have a situation where at the start of creating an article, we didn't foresee that this article will be splited to two components, so we create this article as an single article. However, later on, we would like to splite this article to further components, how can we do now? can I change the article category to sales set now? or there is other around?

Thanks,
Kate