ISU 463: Workarround for device removal during disconnection

Industry Solutions (IS-B, IS-H, IS-Oil, IS-P, IS-Retail, IS-T, RIVA etc.)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

dvalenzu

ISU 463: Workarround for device removal during disconnection

Post by dvalenzu » Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:31 pm

Hi,
Does anyone knows a workarround for a device removal during a disconnection process?
One of our steps in dunning includes the device removal when client has refused to pay after several days due. The problem is that when registering a disconnection for a certain day, you cannot register a removal for that same day. Also, we have to cancel disconnection document, or enter a reconnection (wich is not a real reconnection), but if we do this last thing, we can register the removal for a date after the date entered in the disconnection.

Thanks for any helpful hint
Daniel

sssuter

Post by sssuter » Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:32 am

Not sure if this helps you but SAP are in the process of creating the ability to remove a device when it is disconnected. If you look at the configuration for disconnection (or might have been device removal) there is a check box that states it will enable you to remove a device when it is disconnected. The checkbox has been there since about IS-U 1.2 but has done nothing. SAP are about to get around to making this work.

Not sure when this will be avaliable

mhead

Post by mhead » Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:06 pm

Last time I checked it is not ready for release

it wont happen

Post by it wont happen » Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:09 pm

Dont hold your breath.....its not likely to happen. Its been promised in every release - the F1 info always says next release so I guess that it will be in the next release, or the one after that, or........

isu_guy

Re:

Post by isu_guy » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:44 am

Entering reconnection is SAP's standard proc. You need to enter the reconnection one day before the device removal.

As far as cancelling of DISCDOC and enter reconnection is concerned, it can me made in background. so, for user's point of view, he has entered disconnection at a stretch.