This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

ways to avoid cross-client problems between teams

Implementation Issues

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

ways to avoid cross-client problems between teams

Postby sapfansnewbie » Tue May 22, 2012 11:23 am

Hi.

I posted a question in other forum, but maybe some user here can help me.
http://scn.sap.com/thread/3178886

There are two teams, one for implement HR and other for Logistics.
So, there are some shared (x-client) data, right?
So some customization can cause side-effects. How do you control this in your company?

How the guy responsible for authorize the requests know that some customization can affect other system?

Suppose the HR is already in production and working fine. Then I will implement Logistics and make a change in a customization object that the HR also use. So it will be a problem, because HR would not be working correctly.
sapfansnewbie

Re: ways to avoid cross-client problems between teams

Postby Craig » Tue May 22, 2012 1:24 pm

I don't think you'll find this to be too much of a problem in your case. It's not unusual at all for HR to have their own system entirely due to the sensitive nature of some of the stuff in HR.

Unless you are implementing some advanced features in the logistics project, (utilizing HR to check certifications, training, maybe grabbing postiions from it for workflow, etc), I doubt you'll see too much overlap. The BASIS folks are probably the folks that should be most concerned.

I don't know. That's my feeling from previous projects. Now if your FI and costing folks had a separate team from Logistics, then I would be more concernerd.

Craig
Craig

Re: ways to avoid cross-client problems between teams

Postby sapfansnewbie » Tue May 22, 2012 2:10 pm

Thank you Craig.
Craig wrote:I don't think you'll find this to be too much of a problem in your case. It's not unusual at all for HR to have their own system entirely due to the sensitive nature of some of the stuff in HR.

When you say an entire system for HR, do you mean a production server running HR and other for the other ERP systems? But then what if I need integration between HR and the other systems? And it'll be expensive, because I would need to maintain two servers, right?
Craig wrote:The BASIS folks are probably the folks that should be most concerned.

Why?
sapfansnewbie

Return to Implementation Issues