to enjoy this site to its full potential, there are a few simple rules that you must follow...
1) User may be suspended for:
- Personal message (PM) abuse
- Persistent personal attacks
- Persistent posting of illegal material
- Attacking moderators
- The subject/body contains the word "Urgent" or phrases to the same intent
- The subject entirely in CAPITALS
- The subject contains patterns or visual hooks
- The subject is not relevant to the message body or the message body is entirely in CAPITALS
- Topics that obviously belong in a different forum - please read the description of the forum before posting!
- Topics duplicated in another forum - the mod will decide which topic to lock; this includes crossposting as well as duplicates in the same forum
- Topics not in English, or without an English translation
- Personal attacks of any sort
- Requests for documents - this includes requests for copies of copyrighted material
- Persistent swearing
- Personal details (without user's sanction)
- Asking questions directly to someone in a public forum
- Hijacking an existing topic (without OP's sanction)
- Please use the search facility - your question has probably been asked before! Click here to search SAPFans
- Some forums may have a FAQ available for use - use it first!
- Make your questions as detailed as time allows
- Don't post vague or impossible questions - we are not psychic!
- Indicate which version of SAP, DB and OS you are using
- Include any SAP error message codes
- Don't post endless short-dumps or code
- Always enclose examples of coding in code blocks
- Keep the thread on subject. Any thread that goes off the original subject may be locked without warning!
- Only resurrect an old topic if absolutely necessary
- Remember: SAPFans is not a training site. Spoon-feeding is not allowed!
- Provide translations of all unusual acronyms
- Don't use WEBese or TxT MsG styles of writing
- Don't use large graphics to illustrate your topic
- Mark any work-unfriendly links as such! NSFW
- Advertising and job offers have their own forums
- Career advice topics should be posted in the Education Services/Training/Certification forum
- Topics in bold or multiple colours (other than to hilight a word or phrase) can be difficult to read and looks amateurish
- Don't PM members with questions that should be asked in the forums [Please note that the PM system is for the exchange of personal messages rather than to send unsolicited requests to other users]
- If your question has been answered thank the user and add [R] to subject
- If you solve the problem yourself, please post the solution for the benefit of others!
Above all, Enjoy SAPFans!
SAPFans forum search: search.php
SAP Notes: http://service.sap.com/notes
SAP Help: http://help.sap.com
SAPFans gallery: http://www.richard-harper.me.uk/Sapfans_Gallery
Tuly Idiot blog: http://tulyidiots.wordpress.com/
[Updated 2009-01-08 by Snowy]
[Updated 2010-08-21 by fish]
[Updated 2010-09-21 by Snowy]
[updated 2010-10-23 by fish]