This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

CIF Interface from R/3 to APO - Urgent

APO: Advanced Planning and Optimization

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

CIF Interface from R/3 to APO - Urgent

Postby Guest on Tue Oct 14, 2003 5:15 pm

Hi There,
I have setup the necessary configuration, target system and RFCs on R/3 side of system. Also, I did the necessary steps on APO side of the system to receive the Material & Customer master data via change pointers. The integration models were active.

Given this, I did not see the modified master data coming from R/3 to APO system. Please let me know if I miss any important settings/configuration.

I did check the data for change pointers. Changes were stored in R/3 (standard system) table. When I run CFP1 transaction, I am getting following informational message:

"No master data changes - transfer has not taken place".

Can someone shed light on this process? I appreciate all your time and tips.

Thanks,
VN 8)

CIF Problem

Postby ssdesai13 on Mon Oct 20, 2003 1:41 am

This happens many a times mostly because ALE change pointer in not updated. Have you checked tables CIF_IMMTMRPA and CIF_IMMAT to find whether or not the material chnages are recorded.

Well, if nothing works then you should go for single step activation of the intg model.

I had this problem mostly for work centres and have not found a satisfactory explianation as to why this happnes. but materials always have worked well for me.
ssdesai13

Postby Guest on Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:18 pm

Thanks for suggestion. I have check CIF_IMMAT & CIF_IMCUS tables to see the data records. Record exists for changes. I have redone the whole process to activate CIF connection. If I run the programs manually, the data seem to flowing from R/3 to APO system.

I really do not understand what made the system work when I redid the process. I have checked those setting many times before I redid. As you felt, I did not have any explanantion why this worked without leaving a trace.

Thanks for you suggestion.

Return to APO and SCM