This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

APO: DP Realignment from a file

APO: Advanced Planning and Optimization

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

APO: DP Realignment from a file

Postby steve123 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:23 pm

We currently set up realignments by using the import function from an excel file into the realignment table (using trans /sapapo/rlgcopy).

This is a manual process to load the realignment table. We're tying to get away from this manual loading of the various realignment requests. I've heard of some companies using a custiom ABAP to load this realignment table to make it more "hands-off".

My question is an option I see on the screen called "Import from Server". In our case, it would pull from a unix file. Has anyone ever used this ? Does this simply load the realignment table ? Can it be run in the background to make it more "hands-off" ?
Thanks.
steve123

Postby TymonKerste » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:41 am

I would recommend writing a program that fills the realignment table automatically (w/o using import function). Then you are very flexible:
- Use a file at certain location
- Manipulate / check file data
- Logging

That is how we do it. We don't use the file by the way but realign based on master data
TymonKerste

Postby steve123 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:25 am

Thank you for your reply. Since my orig message posting we have actually gone the route of an ABAP that loads the table automatically. It also can delete all entries in the realign table making things fully automated. We also have automated certain master data chgs that will get realigned.

I also figured how to use the "Import file from server".
I would transfer the excel file that works to Unix but the Import did not like the file format. I had to transfer the file as Binary instead of ASC and the Import then worked fine.

You're reply confirms the direction we took.
THANKS.
Steve
steve123

Return to APO and SCM