This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

SNP Heuristic Capacity Levelling

APO: Advanced Planning and Optimization

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

SNP Heuristic Capacity Levelling

Postby Vinay Dhande on Fri Dec 20, 2002 10:15 pm

hi everyone,

can someone help me with this one.
I carry out a heuristic multi level plan through the supply chain.
This plan is not feasible as far as production goes. So I do
capacity levelling on the production plant. The planned production
quantities changes. So far so good. Now the problem is though the
planned production has changed, the original planned receipts at the distribution centers and the original demand on the vendors for raw materials of the original demand does not change. I couldnt find
anything in APO help on this one.

regards,
vinay

Vinay Dhande

Postby kumbi01 on Mon Dec 23, 2002 11:04 pm

Once you done the capacity leveling, then u need to run the hueristics again. That solves your problem.

Kumar
kumbi01

Postby Vinay Dhande on Wed Dec 25, 2002 10:34 pm

hi kumar,
thanks for your reply. after running the heuristic again, its changed the suppliers requirements. The DCs screen remains unchanged.
is it supposed to work that way ???????????
vinay
Vinay Dhande

Postby kumar01 on Sat Dec 28, 2002 1:51 pm

If u run the network level hueristics, then at the DC level also it should change. Check wether u fixed any the orders.

Kumar
kumar01

Capacity leveling

Postby Guest8895 on Fri Feb 07, 2003 1:20 pm

Just one thing:

The capacity leveling is at one level only.

It is NOT Multilevel, so you need to run the capacity leveling and then you need to run the heuristic to recalculate the requirements based on the changed datesm on the superior level, then if you need to perform again the capacity leveling for the next level, you need to do the same for the next one and so on ....

Hope this helps.
Guest8895

heuristics

Postby vinod_kumar_p on Mon Feb 10, 2003 7:30 am

Hi Kaushik,

Just run bottom up planning heuristics after capacity levelling. it will change dc plans.

Vinod
Warm Reagards

Vinod Kumar P
SCM Consultant
L&T Infotech
India
vinod_kumar_p

Postby Vinay Dhande on Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:35 am

Thanks for all the replies. I still got the problem.
The requirement is - after doing capacity levelling, the Distr receipt (planned) at the distribution center level should reflect the changes in the production (planned) (at the manufacturing plant).

What the system is doing - After doing the capacity levelling, if heuristics is carried out at the distribution center level (or at the manufacturing plant), the system calculates the original forecasts as the base and recalculates everything and knocks out the effect of capacity levelling.

eg. original forecast : 1000 nos.

1. when you run a heuristic at the DC level, it creates planned production for the corres. mfg plant 1000 nos. and creates a Distr receipt (planned) of 1000 nos. at the distribution level.
2. Now do a capacity levelling at the manufacturing plant. suppose the figure of 1000 comes down to 500 nos. (planned production).
3. Go back to the DC level and you see that the Distr receipt (planned) is still 1000 nos.
4. If I run the heuristics again, it does not change this to 500 nos. It goes back to the manufacturing plant and returns the planned production back to 1000 nos. i.e effects of capacity levelling is negated.

Any ideas anyone ??????

thanks,
vinay
Vinay Dhande

Return to APO and SCM