This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Need some BW coaching

Business Warehouse

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

Need some BW coaching

Postby theChiel » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:22 am

Hello BWer's ... Happy New, I need some help.

I have some custom R/3 reports that popular, run well and are designed to help SAP users report for their area of a plant ... they combine PM/MM/CO/PS data. They take between two to three minutes to run. I have been asked to provide enterprise levels of this information ... at the plant level, company code and controlling area ... not feasible in R/3 because of the volumes of data. I need to ...

1. Create Z tables that contain the output of the reports.
2. Extract a custom extractor to move this data from R/3 to BW.
3. Model the data in BW.
4. Provide BEX/Crystal Reports/Business Object Reporting.

I have complete step 1 and need coaching on steps 2,3 and 4 where I would setup a web conference and be tutored through the steps. I will of course pay for someones time to do this, preferably PayPal. If interested could you please provide me with your details either by replying to this message or sending an SAP Fans message and provide:

1. Overview of the steps needed
2. Time that this will take
3. Number of sessions and time per sessions
4. Cost per session.

Please also provide some credentials / background.

Thanks for reading.

Stewart
What do you mean there's no undo !!!
theChiel

Re: Need some BW coaching

Postby billman71 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:32 pm

Have you considered activating delivered content/extractors to bring the source data from R3/ECC over to BW? That might resolve your data migration issue and would provide more detail in the BW system for future reporting requests with requirements you haven't yet thought of or planned for.

If you are certain that you want to use your ZTables as the BW data sources, your basic steps would be:

1. Determine if you want to track deltas and load incremental updates over time, or wipe and replace the target data with each data load.
2. Design a target DSO/CUBE based on decision point 1.
3. Design the data pull from ZTABLE on R/3 database as an external data source using standard ODBC SQL connector, or from inputting a file generated from scheduled output from the ZTABLE.

4. Build BW queries, set up and tune any aggregates if you don't have BIA or HANA.
5. Decide how users need to access the query data. Web template, report, etc.
billman71

Return to Business Warehouse