This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

BEX and Winshuttle

Business Warehouse

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

BEX and Winshuttle

Postby BGE_George » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:21 am

We are currently facing an issue on user laptops that have Winshuttle 10.1 installed when the user is trying to run a SAP BW report using Business Analyser in excel 2007. The user is able to run the report and get to the opening view of the query. But after that BEX interaction menus stop working. The outline of the menu appears without any menu items.The user is current on SAP GUI 720 patch 0.
WE have tried updating the GUI to patch to patch 5 and 6 but we are still facing the same issue. Have you any solutions that can offered to help resolve this issue ?

Please see screen print below to see the exact issue:

Last edited by BGE_George on Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Still learning...... Will it ever stop ?
SAP Njoi !!
BGE_George

Re: BEX and Winshuttle

Postby africanoracle » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:18 pm

Since BEX is likely leveraging Excel capabilities, have you disabled the Excel Add-In ? The current patch level available for the SAP GUI 7.20 is Patchlevel 7.

Consider also checking the Winshuttle Knowledgebase at http://wise.winshuttle.com/article/AA-0 ... evels.html or posting this question on http://community.winshuttle.com also.
africanoracle

Re: BEX and Winshuttle

Postby BGE_George » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:18 am

Hi Africanoracle

I have been on the winshuttle community page and read a few posts on the forum. As I mentioned in my original post, upgrading the SAP GUI 720 front end hasn't helped. We also tried patching BEX to a more recent patch but that hasn't worked either. Thank you for trying to help.
Still learning...... Will it ever stop ?
SAP Njoi !!
BGE_George

Return to Business Warehouse