This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

third party reports

Business Warehouse

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

third party reports

Postby Jarig » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:50 am

Is there an expert on the difference in BW on third party reports and normal reports?
As an intergrated service contracter it is mandatory to use BW, but most reports are not accessable because of authorization problems, so I suggested the use of the third party report as the order analysis, but also in this report there is an authorization issue.

Therefore I would like to explain the clients'helpdesk how BW is intended.

Hopefully, you can advise me
Jarig

Re: third party reports

Postby anand2012 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:29 am

I don't see how 3rd part tools solve the problem when you have authorization issue on SAP reporting tools.
My slide show: http://www.slideshare.net/anandakrishnan2012/top-10-tcodes-every-sap-bw-consultant-must-know
anand2012

Re: third party reports

Postby JohnLang » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:49 am

Hi Jarig,

You will find that it is working as designed.

The authorisation within BW is a common layer to all front end tools that provide data for consumption. This includes transaction RSRT (SAP GUI reporting), BEx Analyser for Excel, Query or Web Templates for web reporting and 3rd party reporting tools; even the planning functionality like BPS & IP are impacted by the authorisation.

You need to talk to the BW Administrator or the Business Reporting Owner who approves access to the roles that will give a BW User account access to the data itself.

It is not broken, it is working as expected.

Kind Regards,
John.
JohnLang

Return to Business Warehouse