This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Display infoobject values starting with certain sequence

Business Warehouse

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

Display infoobject values starting with certain sequence

Postby supersap » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:56 am

hi all

in my designing of query report ,for a characteristic infoobject i need to display only those values in report which start with a particular string sequence;

eg if this infoobject has these values say 081234, 097722,034558,085623 and 079654. i need to display only the ones starting with sequence 08; that is in this case i need to display only 081234 and 085623 in the report.

How to do this? ... any help

thanks
supersap

Re: Display infoobject values starting with certain sequence

Postby closingbrace » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:27 am

You may try using APD to filter values based on exits.
closingbrace

Postby supersap » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:50 am

i am new to this. can you kindly elaborate on the method.

by APD i suppose you mean analysis process designer. is there any method to do in Bex query design.
supersap

Postby 2bwornot2bw » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:20 pm

the APD is a great way to do it, but if the characteristic values are numeric (no alpha characters) you can convert them to a number with a formula variable the put it in a calculated key figure where you divide off all but the leading 2 digits then use a condition to pull only values of 08 (or any number you decide with a prompting variable). probably about as many steps as an APD. of course in an APD you can build a new characteristic based on the first 2 characters so you can choose 08 09 whatever, and multiple values as well.

i take it all back - the simplest way to do it is add a navigational attribute to your characteristic InfoObject that is two character in length (CHAR 2) in your transformation to load the master data move your key field to the InfoObject key and the first 2 characters of the key to your new attribute. then just adjust your query based on the attribute. sorry about the earlier response, i was still sober and nothing good ever comes of that.
when in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.
2bwornot2bw

Return to Business Warehouse