This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

DTP pointing to wrong R3 system

Business Warehouse

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

DTP pointing to wrong R3 system

Postby ZMAN » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:55 am

We have upgraded our BW quality (BIQ) system to release 7.01, patch 5. We can not run any DTP becasue the DTP is referencing our R3 production (CHQ) system, it should be referencing our R3 quality (CHQ) system.

Is there a program I can run or setting I can change in order for the DTP to be pointing to the correct R3 system?

ZMAN
ZMAN

Re: DTP pointing to wrong R3 system

Postby El Belgio » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:45 am

We have upgraded our BW quality (BIQ) system to release 7.01, patch 5. We can not run any DTP becasue the DTP is referencing our R3 production (CHQ) system, it should be referencing our R3 quality (CHQ) system.

sounds pretty weird to me that an upgrade changes the source systems?!

Is there a program I can run or setting I can change in order for the DTP to be pointing to the correct R3 system?

transaction BDLS (usually only necessary when you do a system copy from PRD to QAS or DEV)
El Belgio

Postby snowwhite » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:32 am

BDLS will not be able to covert this. The DTP's are pointing to a wrong source system because post system copy steps have not been done properly(The only way this could have happened is that you refreshed quality from production).

There is a note on service marketplace, I think it is 886102, which gives you details post copy steps.

Basically, you should have created a transport of source system dependent objects before the Q system was replaced and then re-imported the transport into the new refreshed Q system. You can still do it, if you configure your RSLOGSYSMAP table(Conversion of logical system names option in RSA1) correctly. The mapping should be PRD -> QUAL.
snowwhite

Postby snowwhite » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:48 pm

I may have been wrong(Thanks El Belgio). Please see the following thread on SDN.

Also, are you using program RSBKDTP_BDLS to rename DTP's?

http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1657930
snowwhite

Return to Business Warehouse