This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Selective deletion

Business Warehouse

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

Selective deletion

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 04, 2002 10:17 am

Hello,

Is there any way to prevent someone from making a selective deletion at manage infocube screen? Is there some kind of log to view any activities been done in this area?? This is not very secured and the data integrity is not gaurantee.

Has anyone gone through extra lengths to prevent this from happening?? It seems that with Security in place technical members have access to this feature because the Manage option give you ability to do anything from those tabs.

Thanks

Postby SRV » Mon Nov 04, 2002 12:18 pm

You can prevent any kind of AWB work through authorization object, for any specif cube or infoarea. Use the authorization objects S_RS_COMP and S_RS_ICUBE.

BW statistics captures info about cube deletions etc. in the multi cube (BWTCT_C10, I think).
Keep smiling :lol:
SRV

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 04, 2002 12:47 pm

My understanding of security objects are that S_RS_COMP and S_RS_ICUBE give a higher authorization access at the Manage level but not at the tab level. Thanks

Postby SRV » Mon Nov 04, 2002 2:56 pm

The authorization works at all levels. With a display/execute authorization, you can open up 'Manage', but without the delete authorization, you will be prevented from deleting requests.

That's how I've set up end user profiles, they have 3, 16 and 22 for Activity.

Try it in your dev system before venturing into the productive system.
[/img]
Keep smiling :lol:
SRV

Return to Business Warehouse