This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

How to use Business Content - Mapping to Report Requirements

Business Warehouse

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

How to use Business Content - Mapping to Report Requirements

Postby Andy Salim » Mon Nov 04, 2002 3:03 am

Hi there,

Could anyone advise how and what is the best way to map the business content to report requirements?. I am looking at the Supply Chain Management Business Content. Any ideas or input would be really appreaciated.

Thanks,
Andy
Andy Salim

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 04, 2002 9:48 am

Try this link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_bw30b/helpd ... ameset.htm

It has the chars, time chars, units, and key figures

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 04, 2002 5:07 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for reply, but I have got that link and gone through the SCM Business Content before. I just don't know very well how to use them and try to map my reporting requirements. I know there will be some gaps - but how do I know that the Business Content is suit and close to with my reporting requirements. Where and what are the key things that I need to look ar for starting point.

Again, any suggestion or advise would be very appreciated.

Thanks again,
Andy

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 04, 2002 5:29 pm

Then you would want to activate the business content as is and actually load the data into the infocube. After that run the provided queries or create your own queries to review the results that you are looking for and determine what is missing and what you don't need. It is better this way so you could analyze exactly what the business content is extracting if you have your module implemented on R/3.

If you see something missing like a field Storage Location, for example, you would have to enhance the Business Content.

Postby Andy Salim » Mon Nov 04, 2002 7:03 pm

Hi, Thanks again for the reply.

But all I have now is only the report requirements and doesn't have the BW system yet. I am just preparing the Blueprint that include the Business Content mapping into the requirements. So just need to find out any objects in Business Content can be used.

Thanks,
Andy
Andy Salim

Return to Business Warehouse