This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

0SOURCESYSTEM & Already live system

Business Warehouse

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

0SOURCESYSTEM & Already live system

Postby LHR » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:31 am

Hello everybody :D

I've just read all topics on 0SOURCESYSTEM and 0LOGSYS and I didn't find all information I need... so I post you my problem !

I'm working on an already live system which is connected to a single R/3 system.

For the needs of a new project, we will have to connect our live system to an other R/3 system BUT our infoobjets are not coumpounded with 0SOURCESYSTEM.

My question :
1/ Have you experience other solutions than deleting all data from the system and adding OSOURCESYSTEM to the infoobjects

2/ If not, can you validate that I will have to
- delete all data of the system (ODS, Cubes, Master Data)
- add 0SOURCESYSTEM as a coumpound in EVERY infoobjets that are active in my system
- add 0SOURCESYSTEM in all my ODS and Infocube

Did you encounter particular problem when doing such operation on a live system ?

Maybe my questions are stupid :roll: but I work with very short delays and I would like to be sure to implement the right solution in the right way !

Thanks a lot for you help on that topic ! :wink:
LHR

Re: 0SOURCESYSTEM & Already live system

Postby CHC » Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:15 am

I encountered the same problem as yours in december 2002 ;
at that time I posted some topics here and got answers,
and I also remember that I answered once to somebody that had the same type of problem.
As no posts are deleted/archived from this forum, you should found them back by a correct(lucky) search.

What I can tell you is that you CAN achieve that without deleting any data ;
and there are oss notes that explains in details how to proceed, even providing abap programs to help you in some steps.
Of course, I don't remember the notes and no longer have docs about that, but searching the forum and oss should guide you to the solution.

Ch
CHC

Postby CHC » Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:17 am

2 more hints
1) 0SOURSYSTEM (vs 0SOURCESYSTEM)
2) the post I referred to :
http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic ... soursystem
CHC

Postby Lea » Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:09 am

Hi CHC

Thanks a lot for your answers.

I've read the attached link and I've a question on it.

At the end of this post you wrote that SAP does not recommend to add 0SOURSYSTEM as a compound of master data (activation of the ckeckbox)

I hope I well understood as I'm not so good in english :(

My question is : what is the recommandation of SAP ? Will I find the answer in OSS notes ?

Thanks again
Lea

Postby CHC » Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:54 am

Lea wrote:At the end of this post you wrote that SAP does not recommend to add 0SOURSYSTEM as a compound of master data (activation of the ckeckbox)

SAP say DO NOT tick that box if it is not useful for you.
As in your scenario, it is the only solution, you may do it.

I found back a good oss note : 184 948.

Ch
CHC

Postby Lea » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:09 am

Thanks a lot for your help.

I was just having a look at the OSS you mention !

I'm still searching informations that could prevent me in deleting all data (for the moment I did not find such information on OSS)

To test, I tried :
- to active the checkbox on a master data that contains data and that is used in infocubes => the system ask me to delete data in the infocubes to activate the modification.
- to activate the checkbox on a master data with data but that it's not contain in any cube => the system was ok to activate the change

So for the moment it seems that I will have to delete data in my ODS and cubes...

If I find something else, I will complete my post, maybe it will be usefull for someone else.
Lea

Postby CHC » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:25 am

Hmmm, I overlooked this part of the problem.
If I remember it correctly, we deleted the data and did a full reload.
CHC

Re 0SOURCESYSTEM & Already live system

Postby LowHead » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:47 am

I had a similar issue. The only way is to delete the data and change all the InfoObjects in RSD1 (activate multiple cross referencing objects) and change the data models. But it is a long way with a lot of dependencies and error messages.
However, keep in mind that you are changing business content.... ! This could be in future releases an issue... Also installing new business content can be a pain in the ass if you have added sourcesystem as compounding.

What we decided upon is to create our own data model and make that sourcesystem dependend. In this way we use Business content for proto typing and our model for the real thing. Any future nice features in the business content we can investigate without working around the error messages that you will get because 0sourcesystem is not compounding...

Hope that this adds to your decision.
With regards,
LowHead
LowHead

Postby Lea » Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:12 am

Thanks LowHead for your answer.
I will take it into account (we have created specific infoobjets for certain master data but not for all so we could have the problem you mentioned)

I learn yesterday that our system administrator would like to extract data from the new R/3 system to a particular BW system and send data from this new BW system to our actual BW system.

Can someone tell me if that changes anything to my problem ? Do I still have to compound master data that can overlap with 0SOURSYSTEM ?

Did someone already face this situation ?

Let's take an example !

Actually we have this configuration :
R/3 ----------> BW
P22 PQW

In a near future, two solutions are possible :

1/ R/3 ----------> BW
P22 PQW
L5 PQW

2/ R/3 ----------> new BW ---------> actual BW
P22 PQW
L5 BW1 PQW

In both case, master data from P22 and L5 can overlap.

Thank you very much for you help !

Best regards

Lea
Lea

Re: Re 0SOURCESYSTEM & Already live system

Postby arieaswin » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:25 am

Hi LowHead,

I read your post below regarding using Business Content as prototype and re-create our own custom objects. I'd like to seek your advice about how you re-created it? as it's quite tedious, taking a lot of efforts and might prone to human error, for example if we re-create all "0" InfoObjects to our corresponding custom InfoObjects? (there are thousands of BI Content InfoObjects available).

Currently we're trying to recreate all "0" BI Content InfoObjects programmatically using BAPI: BAPI_IOBJ_GETDETAIL, BAPI_IOBJ_CREATE and BAPI_IOBJ_ACTIVATE_MULTIPLE. It seems to work fine, but our main worries is when re-creating the transfer & update rules, as most of the SAP complex logics are implemented here using start routines, transformation routines, formulas, rule groups, etc. Using copy-paste & find-replace the routine may not be enough, full understanding of the logic might be required. Furthermore it seems difficult to re-create these transfer & update rules programmatically using ABAP as for InfoObjects.

Thank you very much LowHead.

LowHead wrote:I had a similar issue. The only way is to delete the data and change all the InfoObjects in RSD1 (activate multiple cross referencing objects) and change the data models. But it is a long way with a lot of dependencies and error messages.
However, keep in mind that you are changing business content.... ! This could be in future releases an issue... Also installing new business content can be a pain in the ass if you have added sourcesystem as compounding.

What we decided upon is to create our own data model and make that sourcesystem dependend. In this way we use Business content for proto typing and our model for the real thing. Any future nice features in the business content we can investigate without working around the error messages that you will get because 0sourcesystem is not compounding...

Hope that this adds to your decision.
With regards,
LowHead
arieaswin

Return to Business Warehouse