This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

BW 3.0B - Alert Monitor Web Item

Business Warehouse

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

BW 3.0B - Alert Monitor Web Item

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 21, 2002 8:30 am

Has any one used Alert Mornitor web item in the web templates ? I do not seem to be having much luck in using it and getting the desired result.

We developed a query with exception for one key figure where exception values and cell restrications have been defined. Exception Reporting and Alerting was also run for the query using the report agent -> Exceptions option.

However, when we publish the web template, we just see the following in the browser:
Display drop down list box listing few descriptions such as 'From InfoAreas', 'From InfoProviders', 'From Queries' etc ... Next to the drop down list box, red yellow and green icon along with it's check box.

Whatever the option is selected from the drop down list box, nothing happens i.e. the actual exceptions along with their either values or indicators for the key figure are not displayed.

Thanks in advance.

Sanjeeb

Postby jlaruss » Tue Oct 22, 2002 12:53 pm

I use it and have had no problem. You have to make sure that you schedule a setting in the reporting agent to run and a follow up action to send the exception to a user or roles alert monitor entry.
Thanks,
jlaruss
jlaruss

Postby skpatro » Thu Oct 24, 2002 7:14 am

Hi Jlaruss,

Thanks for the reply and helpful hint. The issue was mainly due to follow up action setting. I am now getting some info displayed though not in the format I expected. I will play around a bit and see if I am able to achieve the desried result or not.

Thanks and regards,

Sanjeeb
skpatro

Return to Business Warehouse