This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Not all master data can be deleted.

Business Warehouse

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

Not all master data can be deleted.

Postby walkmic » Thu Oct 24, 2002 8:10 am

I'm trying to delete master data from an infoobject. And I get the message "Not all master data can be deleted." I understand this. However, the log won't tell me where it's being used. I've done a where used on the infoobject and deleted all of the transaction data from the infoproviders and infoobjects that have it as an attribute. I've also deleted all the transactions from the infoproviders that contain the infoobjects that reference the main infoobject.

Anyone know how I can find out where this data is still being used?

Version 3.0B.
walkmic

Postby TJ » Thu Oct 24, 2002 9:57 am

Hi walkmic,

1. delete any hierarchies on the infoobject (if any)

2. check the usage of the infoobject from "where used" list. you will get the list of cubes where the object is used.

3. delete data from the cubes. Right click on the cube and select delete data. select delete fact tables and dimension.

now delete data from the infoobject.

Regards
TJ
Change is The only Constant Factor in Life
TJ

Postby walkmic » Thu Oct 24, 2002 1:37 pm

Yeah, I already did all that. There's about 30 different places that this was used and I hate to go back through all of them for the third time. You're supposed to be able to look at the log for master data deletion and be able to see where the data is actually being used. Doesn't show anything for me.
walkmic

Return to Business Warehouse