This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Using Deep structure in UI Context

CRM related discussion only

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Lost Identity

Using Deep structure in UI Context

Postby DrSidewalk » Thu May 03, 2012 9:42 am

Has anyone ever used a Deep structure when defining a UI component context?.

I wondered if this had ever been done before or whether anyone knows of an existing SAP UI component that may have a deep structure used in the Context.

I have a Sales Ordered extension table containing a RAWSTRING type which is filled with XML data. We can use TRANSFORMATION to convert this XML data to a deep structure, but then there's the issue of displaying this info on the UI screen and in Context.

Has anyone any pointers?.

Dr Sidewalk
DrSidewalk

Re: Using Deep structure in UI Context

Postby DrSidewalk » Thu May 17, 2012 6:03 am

Yeah, not at all easy is it.

Have looked at using the subclass cl_bsp_wd_context_node_DTV, but this does not really do what I want. Although I will point out that there's surprisingly little information on this subclass and its usage.

Dr Sidewalk
DrSidewalk

Re: Using Deep structure in UI Context

Postby DrSidewalk » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:23 am

Populated data in a deep structure attribute of the Component controller and then accessed this data via other Views BSP code.

Had to change the if_bsp_controller~fill_values method for each of the views though as I'm using no Contexts. Therefore no context or value nodes are used.
Seems to work, but not recommended. I can't see any other way though if you're loading, displaying, editing, saving XML data to the Sales order extension tables. ;)

Dr Sidewalk
DrSidewalk

Return to CRM :: SAP CRM