This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

"Edit Synchronization Settings" causing IE8 to lock up

CRM related discussion only

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Lost Identity

"Edit Synchronization Settings" causing IE8 to lock up

Postby scj6771 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:59 am

Windows XP SP3
SAP CRM ver 8.0
Outlook 2003 SP3
Machine completely patched

Having what I believe to be a pretty big issue with CRM, It seems that many of the sales laptops as well as many of the new Lenovo’s are all having the same issue.

When a user clicks on “Personalize” within CRM and then “Edit Synchronization Settings” Internet Explorer will hang and eventually return an error.

When this happens a “Synchronization” can not be done,

I believe it may have something to do with .Net Framework because when the event viewer is checked after IE finally decides to spit out an error (which has no details) you will see the following “.Net Runtime 2.0 Error Reporting” error:

”Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 8.0.6001.18702, stamp 49b3ad2e, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.1.2600.5781, stamp 49c4f482, debug? 0, fault address 0×00012afb.”

I have tried the following to resolve

1. Uninstall IE8 and tried using IE6 – Failed.
2. Reinstall IE8 – Failed.
3. Used Microsoft tool “RIES” to completely restore IE to default values – Failed.
4. Removed .Net Framework 1 and 3 and tried again – Failed.
5. Tried to remove .Net Framework 2.0 but Microsoft error will state that you can not uninstall – Failed
6. Removed CRM client software and PIA (Primary Interop Assemblies). - Failed

I was making no progress when I decided to have our basis guy create me a CRM logon so I could sign on the same laptop as myself and test. Well, guess what? It worked with my sign on.

I then signed back on as the Account Manager and still it does not work?

It has nothing to do with rights, (at least not on the machine itself) I am testing everyone as an admin.

Not sure why I titled this "Edit Synchronization Settings" causing IE8 to lock up" It happens then or when you select "Synchronize". You can do pretty much anything within CRM, it just does not like the Outlook integration part perhaps?

If you select "Synchronize" a message box appears that says "Unable to initialize Synchronization properties; check if CRM GWI has been installed properly"

Of course I have tried to remove and reinstall the CRM client but that does not work either.

If you select "Set Up E-Mail Transfer" that WILL complete successfully and add the SAP CRM Inbox to your Outlook.
scj6771

Return to CRM :: SAP CRM