This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

CRM Actions do Not Email - How to Trace

CRM related discussion only

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Lost Identity

CRM Actions do Not Email - How to Trace

Postby QZ » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:54 am

Hi,

In transaction SCOT, email works.

In transacton SPPFCADM, I setup some actions in application CRM_ORDER to send an email in the
case of specific events occurring. However, for most of them, no email is sent.

Do you know of a way to trace the CRM actions in more detail? Transaction SCOT does not
display any emails from the CRM actions.

Thanks,
QZ
QZ

Re: CRM Actions do Not Email - How to Trace

Postby bgamble » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:59 am

In the SAP GUI if you look at the transaction, you can select the action and take a look at the processing log but its generally not very helpfull

You can go to transaction CRMC_ACTION_JOB (the action monitor) Application CRM_ORDER and you should see a list of all the actions you created with pending status.

/h for debug mode, select an action and click execute.
In my opinion, Pepper Spray is underutilized as an effective tool for scope control
bgamble

Postby DPELSSERS » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:49 am

Actions are used in the Post Processing Framework and can be looked at for further processing using the transaction code SPPFP.

But having looked at Bgambes tcode CRMC_ACTION_JOB it kinda looks the same :-)

You can not really see trace results on actions as far as I could see from my own testing....

What I actually have been looking at is to find out if it is possible to restrict authorisations to perform a certain action!

Business Case:
suppose you defined a new transaction type ZTA for sales order processing.
You have assigned a new action profile to this transaction type that contains several action definitions (e.g. 3 different ones).
the persons that have change access for transacton type ZTA would in this case see all these possible actions and also could trigger all three of them.

So far I was unable to achieve this....anyone ever did manage to reach this using authorisations?

cheers
Davy Pelssers
Kind regards
Davy Pelssers
SAP CRM and Security Consultant
www.dasap.be
DPELSSERS

Postby bgamble » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:57 am

Well I know pretty much nothing about security. But you do have access to the authorization group of the employee responsable in the maintenence of a start condition for an action.
In my opinion, Pepper Spray is underutilized as an effective tool for scope control
bgamble

Return to CRM :: SAP CRM