This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

create BP in both CRM and ECC

CRM related discussion only

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Lost Identity

create BP in both CRM and ECC

Postby crm_marketing » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:02 am

Hi,

I need a small clarification on BP replication from crm to ecc and ecc to crm.

I have scenario, where the customer creates BP in both CRM and ECC. How do we map number ranges if BP is created in both the systems. Remember Customer is looking for single number eventhough bp is created in both CRM and ECC.

Please give me some solutions on this.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
xxxxxxx.
crm_marketing

Postby partha_sachin » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:04 am

Hi,

Hope this would help you. I think you first need to create external number range in CRM and replicate BP from ECC to CRM.
partha_sachin

BP number ranges

Postby certsap » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:04 pm

this is covered in the CR100 class...
Account groups in R//3 map to BP groupings in CRM

R/3 would use internal mapping to an external range in CRM and
in CRM it would be internal mapping to an external range in R/3 this keeps everythign in synce, no matter which systme leads!
We are SAP recruiters, specializing in fulltime permanent placements. Please feel free to check our site. Visit Certsap.com or email your resume to recruiter@certsap.com
certsap

Sapcrm

Postby partha sarathi ghosh » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:57 am

Hi,
I think that (as far as I know) BP in crm ie internal no. range if it is mapped to R3 then it is external no. range or vise-versa.

Regards
Partha
partha sarathi ghosh

Postby bgamble » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:08 am

I do not think you can implement a solution where a single BP is created in Both systems independently and is then somehow linked and synchronized.

Is this what you are asking?

You need to choose your lead system in which to create the BP and then extend them in the target system. In most of my CRM projects, BPs have been created in CRM and then extended to include financial data in ECC
In my opinion, Pepper Spray is underutilized as an effective tool for scope control
bgamble

Postby a9828 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:12 pm

We have recently created a workaround for this for a client. The requirement was to have a BP number in CRM which is exactly the same as the customer code in ECC.

Primarily, an external number range must be set up in both systems to allow having the same values. We then had our ABAP developer play around with the BP creation program such that upon saving the BP, an algorithm would run giving a BP number using the external number range prepared. As the client needed to have it behave like an internal range, we just had the BP number assign a specific number (with internal checking for consistency, of course) to the record. CRM would think it's internal due to the algorithm's internal assignment to an external range. Upon replication, the same number is sent to ECC with the custom number which is 'caught' by the same number range prepared there.

Control is a bit loosened up in ECC as the number range on that side is like any other external range but we fixed this by just not allowing anyone to the assigned account group.

Btw, replication is only one way, CRM > ECC, as data integrity would be an issue if allowed in both directions.

I hope this helps; do reward points if it does.
a9828

Re: create BP in both CRM and ECC

Postby samanthapudi » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:16 am

Hi

To my knowledge even if you create BP either in CRM Or Ecc at the end customer will finding same number.
we will considered as internal and external number ranges for mapping purpose I hope it is clear

Regards
Subbaraju
samanthapudi

Return to CRM :: SAP CRM