This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

I need information for my thesis.

CRM related discussion only

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Lost Identity

I need information for my thesis.

Postby geanie1982 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:47 am

Hi Folks,

I’m in the research phase to find information form y university thesis. The topic of this thesis will be a comparison from mySAP CRM 5.0 and Siebel 8.0. The focus will be on service and sales. Is it possible, that you post some information, which can help me in my thesis?

I’m happy, with every information, which I could get, like economic (profit for mySAP CRM), also about integration, architecture, business process technologies and so on.

The problem is to get this information; I have no access to the support web and only one old book (mySAP CRM 4.0). Other information’s are very hard to find.

About your help, where I could find/get information would be very nice.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Kind regards,
Sascha
geanie1982

Postby abap_doctor » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:04 am

dictionary.com wrote:the·sis
3. a dissertation on a particular subject in which one has done original research, as one presented by a candidate for a diploma or degree.

geanie1982 wrote:The problem is to get this information; I have no access to the support web and only one old book (mySAP CRM 4.0). Other information’s are very hard to find.

Not a very good subject for a thesis, then... :wink:
The Doc
Tuly Idiot Magna Grand Docot Image
abap_doctor

Postby mrsapman » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:04 pm

Classic response Dr Abap.

Geanie - If I give anything can I be a footnote? I always wanted to be a footnote.
mrsapman

Postby drago » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:09 am

just drop me an email and I will give you acces to
service.sap.com

specifically mention your contact details, Thesis subject
and the info you want

there you will find enough information to get going..

cheers
davy
Davy Pelssers
Independant SAP Consultant CRM/BW/Authorisations
pelssersdavy@hotmail.com
http://www.dasap.be
drago

Postby drago » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:15 am

Just to start with I would advise you following site:
help.sap.com

Next Use the LINK " SAP Business Suite".
Next, in the left hand side of the screen, Select the link "SAP Customer Relationship Management".

In the centre of the webpage you will see the different SAP HELP information for the different releases, amongst which the CRM 5.0 release is available.

Next you have the following links:Statement of Direction
Detailed overview of new and enhanced features. The book can be ordered for customers through their SAP account manager.

Release Notes*
Overview of what features are new and changed in a release of SAP CRM.

Installation, Upgrade, Master and Operation Guides*
Information about the installation, technical upgrade and operation of SAP CRM.

Security Guide*
Guidelines and recommendations about system security.

Product Availability Matrix*
Quick reference for technical and release planning.

Configuration Documentation

Configuration documentation by business scenario. You can find this in your SAP Solution Manager system. For more information, see Displaying Configuration Documentation*.

Implementation Guide

Detailed instructions on Customizing. You can find this information in the Implementation Guide (IMG) of your SAP CRM system.

Application Help
Detailed information intended for consultants and project team members about the business scenarios and functional possibilities of SAP CRM.
EN, DE (DVD 50076488) | JA (DVD 50072864)

Online Knowledge Products*
Role-specific learning maps that give you timely, firsthand information on the implementation and operation of SAP CRM.

This is more or less the starting BIBLE to get an understanding about SAP CRM functionalities.

You should certainly have a look at the APPLICATION HELP !!!

cheers
davy
Davy Pelssers
Independant SAP Consultant CRM/BW/Authorisations
pelssersdavy@hotmail.com
http://www.dasap.be
drago

Re: I need information for my thesis.

Postby vhooloo » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:37 am

Davy - Looking for SAP CRM 4.0 installation Media and/or IDES. Would you be able to assist?
vhooloo

Postby bill_sd » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:27 am

My cliff note comparison
Siebel: (at least version 7. I didn't know they were even still around these days) Doesn't scale for large enterprises well at all. Interfaces to back end systems are minimal if non-existent (I don't care what their marketing and sales brochures say, I've had to deal with it)

SAP CRM: Tight integration with R3 back end. Scalable. integrates with their Portal for web integration.

Siebel started taking the CRM business in the early 2000's - SAP took longer to get up to speed in that market because they had all the integration apsects with the R3 back end to deal with. Siebel didn't. That is part of the reason they had a larger market share at that time, that and their "Sales-Machine" structure internally.
bill_sd

Postby marivic45 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:02 pm

Yes, it is really applicable that you post some information that can help you in your thesis. Especially that the focus will be on service and sale. When you write an essay or other assignment on the given topic you are just required to discuss the topic and just have to elaborate the topic, but it is not the case with thesis writing.
[url=http://www.computerseo.com]seo services[/url]
marivic45

Return to CRM :: SAP CRM