This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Print a Delivery document Pack list output via SMARTFORM

Development SAPscript/ Smartforms

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Gothmog, YuriT

Print a Delivery document Pack list output via SMARTFORM

Postby tvsrajendra » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:10 pm

Hi all,

I do have similar requirement, which is not working when I tried to incorporate the logic explained in the post. I would like to explain my scenario and request your help to solve this.

Requirement: Print a Delivery document Pack list output via SMARTFORM.

The doucment will have the delivery line item details on FIRST page which will flow in to the NEXT page. I need to print the Terms and Conditions only on the back of FIRST page. I did the following setup for this ( all the printer and SPAD settings are correct):

There are 3 pages in my smartform. FIRST --- First page with main window ( limited the main window height to display only 15 item lines)
NEXT --- Page to handle the overflow line itmes ( print starts from item line 16....)
T&C --- Terms and conditions page

Page NextPage Print Mode
FIRST T&C D
T&C NEXT Blank
NEXT NEXT Blank

However, when I test this with 5 line itmes in delivery, the NEXT page is printed again at the end of the smartform with no data. we can clearly see that it is because of the setup above.

When there are more than 15 item lines, the smartform print output is displayed as required -- First page, T&C on back of first page, then overflow items on NEXT page

I have tried various combinations to achieve this and it is not giving me perfect output in all conditions.

Aslo I have a secondary window under MAIN window in FIRST page, which needs to be active 'after the end of main window' event. This is also not happening.

Please help me to solve this as this is urgent and I need to deliver it in next 2 days.

Thanks in advance.
tvsrajendra

Re: Print a Delivery document Pack list output via SMARTFORM

Postby Vindaloo » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:10 am

What you need is two definitions of the Terms and Conditions page - one that points to Next (terms1) and one that doesn't (terms2). Add a New-Page command at the end of your Item loop for terms2 with a condition of 'only on first page', and define the next page of First as terms1.

If you have less than 15 items, the New-page command will be executed on the first page, and you will get the Terms2 page with no subsequent page defined.

If you have more than 15 items, the Terms1 page will be triggered implicitly, followed by the Next page. The explicit New Page command won't have any effect as it no won't occur on page one.

Hope this helps!
Vindaloo
Vindaloo

Postby YuriT » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:06 am

Split from viewtopic.php?f=14&t=159459&p=480004. Please create a new topic with new question next time
YuriT

Postby tvsrajendra » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:07 am

Thanks. This is what I did last night and got the perfect output as desired.
tvsrajendra

Return to SAPscript/Smartforms