This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Flexibility on SAPScript Form

Development SAPscript/ Smartforms

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, YuriT, Gothmog

Flexibility on SAPScript Form

Postby becca656 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:50 pm

I'm working with a client who's already live on SAP and is using SAPScript for their quality notification forms. I'm not terribly experienced at SAPScript myself, but have a format question.

We have a couple of blocks on the SAPScript notification form that hold free text - each of these pertain to different aspects of detailed descriptions of problems encountered and must be fairly elaborate descriptions, so that the customer or the supplier can understand the techncial issues with the material.

Because the SAPScript form was highly customized, the form doesn't accommodate text that exceeds a specific length. The form truncates the text in the box and the end-consumer can't see all the data or information that was included.

Is it possible to format each of these three blocks in such a way that the size of the block accommodates the length of the text as needed, rather than keeping it at a static and inflexible size?
becca656

Re: Flexibility on SAPScript Form

Postby Sharpshooter » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:14 pm

Need a little more info - where is this text coming from and how is it getting inserted into the form?
"Normally" the text would come from long text in the notification and the formatting should take care of itself IF it is pulled into the form as an include. On the other hand, if they are using READ_TEXT function in the program and then passing it line by line to a text element, that is probably the issue.
Good luck!
Sharpshooter

Postby becca656 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:13 am

And that's probably the case, Dave.

I just need some intelligence to make the recommendation to the developer. At the moment, my authorizations here don't include SE71, or I would check it myself.

Thanks so much!
becca656

Postby Sharpshooter » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:15 am

If you are being asked to solve this problem, but are not allowed access to SE71 (even for display!) you are certainly at a disadvantage. Good luck!
Good luck!
Sharpshooter

Postby becca656 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:27 am

Oh, the request is in - worst case, I'll push it over to the SAPScript resource and let them sort it out. I've only been here a week and access is sketchy, but they're pretty quick at resolving.
becca656

Return to SAPscript/Smartforms