This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

SAP forms across sales orgs

Development SAPscript/ Smartforms

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, YuriT, Gothmog

SAP forms across sales orgs

Postby ABAPMangler » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:53 am

Hi all,

I am developing SAPscript forms for a company which is US based and has multiple Sales Orgs with different logos and page header details but mainly consistent data requirements as far as the forms (Invoice, PO, Checks etc nothing scary) are required. The config guys have asked if they can stick to a single output type for all forms with the form programmatically selecting the header details (which are in individual standard texts) based on sales org. I don't see any reason why not, as long as the structure and the MAIN window info remains as static as possible across the different sales orgs.

The only other consideration is where the sales organisation which requires the form is outside of the US and requires a different page format than LETTER (such as A4) which requires form conversion and, I believe, in this case would require a separate form and associated Output Type.
There is only one language and the system is probably a very valuable antique R/3 4.6C (upgrade due after rollout).
I am just wondering if I have missed something important as I haven't developed single form for multiple (different) sales orgs before. I have always done individual forms cross company where header information such as Logo and Head Office Address remain the same and there are multi-language versions of same form to satisfy country requirements.

Could these requirements also be satisfied by defining the standard texts in a specific way?

Much thanks in advance for any heads-up :)
ABAPMangler

Re: SAP forms across sales orgs

Postby YuriT » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:19 am

Well this is most likely what I would do and I don't know of any other way to do it.
YuriT

Re: SAP forms across sales orgs

Postby Sharpshooter » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:44 am

Standard texts can be included dynamically:
Code: Select all
/:       DEFINE &VAR& = 'Z1'
/:       DEFINE &TEXT_NAME& := '&var&&VBDKA-VKORG&'
/:       INCLUDE &TEXT_NAME& OBJECT TEXT ID ST

You can of course use any field, not just sales org.

We use one form to handle A4 / letter. You will lose some small area as the output must be designed to the smallest dimension.
You must also set the printer to automatically substitute A4 / letter or vice versa (depending on the form definition and the paper in the printer).
Good luck!
Sharpshooter

Return to SAPscript/Smartforms