This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Zebra - different device types for SAPscript AND Smartforms?

Development SAPscript/ Smartforms

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, YuriT, Gothmog

Zebra - different device types for SAPscript AND Smartforms?

Postby learning_sap » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:27 pm

Hi all,
Do we really need different device types for printing SAPscript and for printing Smartforms?

The thing is that one specific QM label must be defined in SAPscript; while a handfull of other labels already have been developed in Smartforms. The developer now says he need a different device type (and thereby a different Zebra printer!) for printing out the SAPscript label.

Have you had this problem - is there a workaround?
We are on ECC 5.0.

Thanks
learning_sap

Re: Zebra - different device types for SAPscript AND Smartforms?

Postby Sapslzr » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:25 am

I dont know if he needs the other device, but my problem was with landscape in Zebra, I never can make it work (without changing printer configuration).

Since I needed both vertical and landscape printing, I have 2 devices in SAP one for Zebra set up in vertical and another for a regular printer in landscape. So depending on the message type SAP chooses a different printer althought physically there is just one.

Regards,
Carlos
Meditate Everyday
Sapslzr

Re: Zebra - different device types for SAPscript AND Smartforms?

Postby learning_sap » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:24 pm

Sounds like a workable work-around to have 2 logical output devices/printers pointing to the same "physical Zebra printer". My only worry is how easy it is to revert to the "standard configuration" after:

1st printing one label defined in SmartForm (doable in printer commands - and implemented in all our forms),
2nd printing a label defined in SAP Script (I do not know if "clean up-command" available?);
3rd printing yet another SmartForm

Will investigate. Thanks :-)
learning_sap

Return to SAPscript/Smartforms