This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Error in Smarftorm

Development SAPscript/ Smartforms

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, YuriT, Gothmog

Error in Smarftorm

Postby Alexius » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:00 am

Dear All,

I encounter an issue that gives me a headache (literally) :D .
Here's the problem. I have a smartform to display billing. The smartform worked well with a printer which was set using SAP Protocol --> Access Method: S. But when the printer was set to L (as a network printer, please see below screen cap), I got a shortdump when trying to print preview the form.

The error message ID was SSFCOMPOSER, and the number is 173 --> table & does not fit into window.
I tried to debug it and found this result. Somehow the remaining height (FT-REM_HEIGHT) was not enough, hence raised the table_not_fit exception.
Please see below screen cap.

I assume this has something to do with the printer setting change. Have anybody experienced this issue?
Kindly share some light to resolve it.

Thanks.
Last edited by Gothmog on Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: moved from ABAP
Regards,

Alexius
Alexius

Re: Error in Smarftorm

Postby YuriT » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:04 am

Hi,

Another printer may have a bit different way of displaying thing and if everything was made as exact fit, it may go just over the border on a different printer. Try to give your COMPANY_DATA window a bit more space

Yuri
YuriT

Re: Error in Smarftorm

Postby Alexius » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:53 am

Hi Yuri,

Thanks for your fast reply. You're right. After making the window size bigger, the error was resolved. But the layout (font, line spacing) was not really in order. I guess this has something to do with the printer setting so I ask basis team to take a look into this matter.

Regards,

Andry
Regards,

Alexius
Alexius

Return to SAPscript/Smartforms