This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Type pool structure in smartform interface

Development SAPscript/ Smartforms

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, YuriT, Gothmog

Type pool structure in smartform interface

Postby Eggy » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:46 am

I'm currently converting an old crappy SAP Script to a new and shiny Smartform.

The original program for the SAP Script, uses a structure from a type pool to store the data required in the form. When I try to use this structure in the form interface, or course I get the error that the structure cannot be found.

Adding the type pool inside the Smartform doesn't to any good, since then I can only use it inside the form. I tried adding the type pool to the function group that contains the function module that calls the Smartform... but unfortunately it cannot be enhanced.

Is there any way to use the structure, or will I have to use all structures and tables separately (since those do have types that are defined in the ddic)? Thanks in advance!
Eggy

Re: Type pool structure in smartform interface

Postby YuriT » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:02 am

Eggy wrote:Is there any way to use the structure, or will I have to use all structures and tables separately (since those do have types that are defined in the ddic)?

If you have data dictionary structures for all types from your type pool, I don't see why it matters whether you have a type pool declared. You can anyway type interface parameters only from DDIC.
YuriT

Postby Eggy » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:12 am

Sure I can copy the contents of the structure in the type pool and use the structues/tables separately. However that is a lot more work (copy 20+ of 'm) and we re-use stuff when possible, right? ;)

There have been more people with the same issue, none have found a solution other than the above... so I'm afraid I'll have to use ye old C&P.
Eggy

Postby ajaybachchas » Thu May 06, 2010 10:11 pm

Create a Structure in DD & mentioned all data elements of respective fields. In case you want to add amount fields also in the structure, add respective tables & currency. Thn use that Structure as the TYPE in Smartform's 'Form Interface' area.
ajaybachchas

Return to SAPscript/Smartforms