This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Invoice Smartforms - Item output

Development SAPscript/ Smartforms

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, YuriT, Gothmog

Invoice Smartforms - Item output

Postby BRICAR15 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:40 am

Hello,
I am working on an invoice smartforms and I am having problems with line item output. On the first page of the invoice item I only want to show summary information and the invoice items I only want to appear on the subsequent pages. To do this, I have reduced the size of the MAIN window which holds the item information in order that the smartforms determines there's not enough space on the first page and will then print the items on the next page where I have defined a large MAIN window.
Originally, this did work but now it does not. With the MAIN page defined as a height of 0.48cm no output is produced via transaction VF03 when I try to display the invoice on the screen. If I increase the height on the MAIN page on the first page to 1cm then the item will print but it will print the item on the first page.
I thought the idea of the Main window was to print the items and when the end of the main window is reached it would automatically then call the Next page defined within your smartform and continue printing your line items.
Does any bright spark have any ideas why this is not working or has an alternative suggestion whereby line items are not printed on the first page and will only start to print from the second page onwards?

Thanks in advance for helping.
BRICAR15

Re: Invoice Smartforms - Item output

Postby Gothmog » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:42 am

Have you tried using a COMMAND node to call your next page between your summary information and the item information in the MAIN window ?
68 74 74 70 3a 2f 2f 74 69 6e 79 75 72 6c 2e 63 6f 6d 2f 62 64 6f 37 6d 77 67
Gothmog

Postby Vindaloo » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:39 pm

Try removing the MAIN window completely from the first page. Never tried to do this myself so not sure if it will allow it - you can certainly have MAIN-less pages subsequently as I've done this myself when printing Terms and Conditions on the reverse of a page.

As Gothmog says, a new-page command before you start to output the items will skip the first page.

If you wanted to make your original attempt work, then you could have set the MAIN window to 1cm on the first page and then output a dummy text before your items, consisting of one blank line.

hope this helps,
Vindaloo
Vindaloo

Postby darshan » Fri May 21, 2010 8:09 am

I too have not tried these, but on the "Conditions" tab of each window,
there is a "And Additonal Event" section at the bottom.

You might want to experiment with the foll. 2 options
a) Not on First Page
b) Only on Page -> NEXT
darshan

Return to SAPscript/Smartforms