This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Inconsistent Date Format

Development SAPscript/ Smartforms

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, YuriT, Gothmog

Inconsistent Date Format

Postby AndyW » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:01 am

Hi all

We have invoices (SAPscripts) that are sent with a remittance advice section at the bottom of the first page which contains a line formatted specifically to be read by an OCR reader. A recent change has resulted in the OCR line be defined by a Function Module. Part of the OCR line contains the Billing Date which needs to be passed in the format YYYYMMDD or the FM fails. Consequently just prior to calling the FM the date mask is set to YYYYMMDD. During testing it has been noted that sometimes the dates on the rest of the invoice now display as YYYYMMDD instead of the ususal DD.MM.YYYY. This appears to be random in that I can re-print an invoice from VF31 and sometimes it will display DD.MM.YYYY and sometimes YYYYMMDD - this is for the same billing document and re-printed by the same user.

The SET DATE MASK command is written with a 'Remittance Advice' window (not a MAIN window). Has anybody else experienced this behaviour or knows why it does this? If so what have you done about it? The only thing I can think of is that the SAPScript is rendered in a different order each time so sometimes will be in date format YYYYMMDD and sometimes DD.MM.YYYY - but I'd frankly be surprised if SAP did that!

Thanks for any help/advice...
Andy
AndyW

Re: Inconsistent Date Format

Postby dzouze » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:09 am

I never experienced that before.
Accounting Software Design and Implementation
http://accounting.zouze.com
dzouze

Return to SAPscript/Smartforms