This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Sapscript export with Russian text...

Development SAPscript/ Smartforms

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, YuriT, Gothmog

Sapscript export with Russian text...

Postby Dr Sidewalk » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:37 am

We've used program RSTXSCRP to export the Sapscript form from a non-unicode system for use by a unicode system. The resulting text file containing the form details seems to have hashes (#) in all the places any Russian text appears obviously resulting in garbage when we import the form.

Does anyone know if there's a way around this problem?.

I did not carry out the export so I can't be sure, but is it worth logging in as russian and then trying the export, or is there some other bulet-proof method to ensure we can capture all the Russian text, maybe using XML or someting like this?.

Regards

Dr Sidewalk
Last edited by Dr Sidewalk on Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity" - Albert Einstein
"Money isn't everything in life, unless you don't have it"
"Fail to plan, plan to fail"
"Success is a journey, not a destination."
Dr Sidewalk
 
Posts: 3531
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2002 11:06 am
Location: Everywhere...

Re: Sapscript export with Russian text...

Postby Dr Sidewalk » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:33 am

I have just read the documentation of RSTXSCRP and it does mention that if you're going from/to a unicode and non-unicode system then you should export/import in binary mode. However, I have just tried that and the results are the same.
"In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity" - Albert Einstein
"Money isn't everything in life, unless you don't have it"
"Fail to plan, plan to fail"
"Success is a journey, not a destination."
Dr Sidewalk
 
Posts: 3531
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2002 11:06 am
Location: Everywhere...

Re: Sapscript export with Russian text...

Postby Dr Sidewalk » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:08 am

Still no joy, having exported from a non-unicode system using the Binary format into a Unicode system. The Russian text is still loaded and displayes as hashes when viewed via SE71. I can replace these hashes with appropriate Russian text and the Sapscript works fine in that when the spool file is viewed (SP01) the Russian text is perfect, except that this form prints with Hashes, and also will not convert to PDF either, with the Russian text appearing as Square characters on screen. All SAP standard forms print fine in Russian so it just seems to be the non-unicode imported Sapscripts that have this problem. I have raised an OSS note as I can no longer mess around and need to get this problem resolved ASAP. Will let you know if a resolution is found by SAP.

The only thing that I have not done is to actually log in with the Russian country code and then export these Sapscript forms, but the documentation for program RSTXSCRP says that should not be required.

Dr Sidewalk
"In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity" - Albert Einstein
"Money isn't everything in life, unless you don't have it"
"Fail to plan, plan to fail"
"Success is a journey, not a destination."
Dr Sidewalk
 
Posts: 3531
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2002 11:06 am
Location: Everywhere...

Re: Sapscript export with Russian text...

Postby Dr Sidewalk » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:50 am

It looks as though Sapnote 898074 may correct this problem.

Dr Sidewalk
"In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity" - Albert Einstein
"Money isn't everything in life, unless you don't have it"
"Fail to plan, plan to fail"
"Success is a journey, not a destination."
Dr Sidewalk
 
Posts: 3531
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2002 11:06 am
Location: Everywhere...


Return to SAPscript/Smartforms

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests





loading...


This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.